About fantasy

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
About fantasy

I've got one simple question: how much important do you think fantasy is?
Personally, I believe it's a precious gift everyone should keep jelously for all his life, 'cause too often life obliges people to keep his feet on the solid and hard ground _which is also something important!_ leaving all the rest away, as if unimportant 'cause not real. I believe that fantasy is just another part of reality, we shoul give it much more respect and try to keep a room inside our heads exactly as it was when we were children, 'cause a child can see the world from a different point of view much more pure and positive than many adulds do! I'm 23 but I'm still much younger inside and I hope I alwaise be. I'm actually writing a fantasy story, that's where this question came. I've been wandering about my work, a very long one, and I was trying to understand how much good there is in it, because I'm trying to fit something unreal inside reality itself, asking myself 'what if it was real?'
That's not so easy as it seems, 'cause I'm bound to strict rules inside which I'm opening gaps to fit my story.
Did anyone have a similar writing-experience? If so, I'd really like to know something 'cause I'm still at my first one, which I believe will take me many years!!!
Let me know what you think, if you like, and... enjoy your own writing work!!!!

d.beswetherick
Anonymous's picture
>I believe that fantasy is just another part of reality> That's the way I look at it too. >I believe that fantasy is just another part of reality, we shoul give it much more respect and try to keep a room inside our heads exactly as it was when we were children, 'cause a child can see the world from a different point of view much more pure and positive than many adulds do! I'm 23 but I'm still much younger inside and I hope I alwaise be.> I don't know if it has much to do with being young or old. It's a shame that there seems to be a distinction between adult and children's fantasy. >I've been wandering about my work, a very long one, and I was trying to understand how much good there is in it, because I'm trying to fit something unreal inside reality itself, asking myself 'what if it was real?> I know what you mean. Maybe it's best just to write what we like and let other people categorise it. Best of luck. D. Beswetherick.
joel
Anonymous's picture
I loved reading your insights on fantasy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it. It was real insightful and engaging. Thank you again. God Bless.
joel
Anonymous's picture
I loved reading your insights on fantasy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it. It was real insightful and engaging. Thank you again. God Bless.l
Crenia
Anonymous's picture
I am sopose to write an expository essay on how to write a fantasy story. Can you give me some tips? Thanks, Crenia
Krissy
Anonymous's picture
I agree.
Brooke
Anonymous's picture
I totally agree with your insights. I am a young, aspiring fantasy writer who is presently is trying to write a full-length novel. I think that writing fantasy works allows you to escape from this world and open up your innermost thoughts. Fantasy, of course, reflects upon the present day world in all sorts of ways. Things that you write about and the stories that you place your characters into can symbollically portray present-day issues and conflicts...conflicts that are either internal or external with the world about you. Often times, fantasy novels can even suggest solutions to such problems. However, they always bring such issues to our attention. This form of writing can bring issues to our attention far more effectively then if they were just bullets upon a research paper. This is true for fantasy novels are not only interesting, but secretly send out their message to their reader in a way that they can relate to: through the child-like stories and fables that they experienced when they were once young. I agree with you completely in your statement that fantasy is a very important ascpect of reality. Not only does it allow us to see the world from a more purified, simplified, and interesting fashion, but it also allows us to escape from the endless drone of our sometimes monotone life. This form of writing gives us time to explore our innermost thoughts and put them into images...much to the same manner and purpose of our dreams. Fantasy allows us to believe that anything is possible and gives us the hope and attitude that everything will have a happy ending. I hope that you continue to write fantasy, no matter what critisism comes your way. I hope that I answered your search for others who felt the same way as you did. I am sure that there are others. Wish me luck in my fantasy writings! It was fun writing to you! ~Brooke
Topic locked