FA Cup Final.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
FA Cup Final.

Was that the best cup final ever?

ermmm...not sure, how much is this question worth? Can I use a lifeline and phone a friend?
Difficult to say. This was the 125th cup final, and I've only seen about 40 of them. You could try asking Mississippi or Tom Saunders.
Can't sleep either eh Hox? I myself have been up since 3am. Well you've got 2 on me. I started watching football in '68 and can only remember FA cup finals as being very cagey affairs: the mustn't lose mentality. I think all credit must go to West Ham who flew at Liverpool not quite from the start, but once they'd found their rhythm were much the better side. But the difference in the end was Steven Gerrard, if he plays like that in the World Cup????? West Ham in the Champion's League next season? Or will it be the usual suspects? If Thierry Henry does go to Barcelona will Arsenal even qualify for the Uefa Cup? West Ham to win the Uefa Cup next year?

Officially 126,047 saw Bolton Wanderes play West Ham at Wembley on the 28th April 1923. However, it is estimated that up to 70,000 more broke in without paying. If you want to buy my book, visit my blog: http://whatisthisstrangeplace.blogspot.com/
But was it an exciting game Tom?

I don't know, someone pulled me flat cap down over me eyes. If you want to buy my book, visit my blog: http://whatisthisstrangeplace.blogspot.com/
Amy Lawrence in The Observer today is suggesting that Steven Gerrard should take Wayne Rooney's role. Also that Sven should build the team around him. Amy Lawrence for England manager then. Did Peter Crouch play yesterday? I don't seem to remember him at all. Sven has said that Peter Crouch should take the Wayne Rooney role. Does he want us to lose? Is he still ticked off at the press and therefore by implication, us, for the intrusion into his private life? I was a little down-hearted after Wayne the 'spud' got injured, but if the likes of David Beckham, John Terry, Sol Cambell if Rio can stay awake long enough, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Theo 'Pele' Walcott can do the business we stand a great chance. Have I forgotten anyone? Oh yes, a certain deadly forward called Michael Owen, even 3/4 fit will frighten most defences. And of course Wayne the 'spud' may well be ready for the latter stages.

I dont know about the best FA Cup final ever, but it was certainly the best cup final goal I've ever seen. Not just the shot itself, which was mental, but the timing of it - to pull that shot out of his hat in injury time of a major final when he was half dead from cramp... just incredible. If he takes that form to the World Cup we may stand a chance!

if you want to buy my book then you can get it here:
http://www.lulu.com/content/350373
Pretty please!

exciting yes, but having it go to penalties tarnished it a bit best one i saw arsenal v man u 1979, maybe it was because i was 14, but those last 5 minutes of the game when man u came back from 2-0 down, to 2-2, and liam brady threaded the ball through for alan sunderland to get the winner just before the final whistle fab
Topic locked