Notes by Maddan

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Notes by Maddan

http://www.abctales.com/story/maddan/notes

Without giving too much away, this is a fine read.

Lisa

Was indeed. Liked the easy, familiar tone of the narrator's voice. Made me laugh too I thought the ending was going to be stranger - I was hoping for some drunken psychosis! But that's just me. Cheers for the good read.
very original, but did he or didn't he? Juliet

Juliet

Foster
Anonymous's picture
Excellent! It gave me that surreal Fight Club kind of feeling all the way through to the end, which was even better for being unresolved. The way you started the paragraphs, with food and drink, was really good, too. Flash fiction's fun, eh? I think so. foster.
Rather good, Dan; in fact very good! Loved how the notes came faster and faster and started giving irresistible orders, the strange food and drink combinations, and the cheerful tone which set up the ending nicely.
So he gets to sleep with Julie and begins a recovery. No booze for breakfast. I love this and it has obviously been well researched. Excellent writing: I like a nice clipped phrase me.

Wow, thanks folks. I wrote this very quickly on Friday night (whilst drinking scotch and having a vague craving for fishfingers), it didn't really take much longer to write than it took to type. I wasn't really very happy with the ending, it comes a bit sudden and that sex as a reward thing is a bit cheap. I would of tried to make more of it but thought the one paragraph per meal thing was going to get old quick. He wasn't really supposed to be drinking with his breakfast, rather eating cornflakes for his dinner.

Maddan, I thoroughly enjoyed this journey through your character's days. Such a diverse drinker too; Guinness, wine, gin. No single favorite for this dedicated drinker! He was certainly wise to follow-up on the note about Julie. Notes--I couldn't function without them. I have a little notebook I carry that I call my, miniature brain. Great story. - ilsa
great story!
Topic locked