First Draft

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
First Draft

Well, I told you all that I'd keep you up to date. The process that started thanks to ABCTales kick-starting my writing again has reached a major milestone: I declare that on page 371 (Some 120,000 words) I have reached the end of the first draft of my second novel. I don't know whether it's any good, but it's all there. It has taken me since last October and has largely put a stop to my short stories, but I figure that if I can turn out a first draft in a little over six months then eventually I'm likely to hit upon something that might be worth reading.
At this stage all advice with regard to re-writing is of course welcome. I would also like to say sorry for not having read very much of other people's stuff recently..... I think my first priority will be to take a holiday from the novel and write a couple of short stories, oh and read the things I've said I'll read on here.

Good luck with it! Will you post it chapter by chapter on here?
Thanks. I have to finish posting the other one (the swords and sorcery one) chapter by chapter first. That hit a bit of a snag because I had lost chapter 2 (currently re-typing for ABCTales). I really don't know when I'll do something with this second one..... but I have proved to myself that I can write 5000 words a week every week until I have a novel.
Topic locked