Boomerang bits

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boomerang bits

;)
Strange title, I know, but I was just wondering if anyone has an image or even just a word that keeps coming back / occuring in their writing?

It's always interesting when I look at stuff I wrote a few years ago and it has bits that are similar in that they're working at the same idea, or are obviously predecessors of current ideas and techniques.... It's weird how the developments you make as a writer can sometimes be seen in a small fragment of the writing, I suppose.

Alex

ps.
Hi, by the way...

ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
hi alex i certainly have recurring images and specific words ... "for godsake stop gasping..." someone said recently to me on reading a new poem ... i think a lot of things to do with breath keep coming to me and wont go away ... cheers ivy
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
The dark moves I like to say that for when it's getting on to being night time or when it's getting on to being morning
richardw
Anonymous's picture
ships, sea, sailors, birds, sadness that's all my limited imagination can come up with! it did coleridge and george douglas brown well, so i can't complain
ajw117
Anonymous's picture
"Mobile phone whitenoise" seems to be my current favourite... It always seems strange when you see a room of people and no-one's talking to anyone there, because they're all on little Nokias... Alex
Robert
Anonymous's picture
1. pretty much everything starts out containing references to streets, squares, pavements, roads etc…also hope…and occasionally trousers...usually these references get removed 2. I was starting a new job and there was a woman in the office who was also new. Half way through a morning she produced a large tray of cakes and took it from desk to desk, offering cakes and saying it was her birthday. When she got to Gareth she blushed and he declined hastily, which surprised me because the previous day I had seen him going at a doughnut with some gusto. I discovered later that her blush was due to Gareth’s obesity, and since then the phrase “like offering cakes to a fat bloke” has rarely been far from my mind, but remains unused.
Topic locked