my new story

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
my new story

As a new user I would greatly appreciate some feedback on my new short story called Time for a change - this is posted on the comedy/humour section.
It a comedy/fantasy that tells the story of some significant changes that occur to planet Earth.
'It's actually staggeringly witty and frightfully original' (my Mum)
'Probably the best piece of work ever written' (Gandhi)

paul_may
Anonymous's picture
tell you what as I am myself a new user if you read my story and give me feedback I'll read yours and do likewise okay? New writers should stick together and all that.
Spaghetti_Si
Anonymous's picture
I thought it was very well written. It had me laughing hard in some parts. Job very well done. I am new as well. I always find it very hard to judge people's work. unless of course it has something that makes me want to read it again, and your's did!
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Ok - I'm going to take a look
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Well, I enjoyed that - haven't had such a good laugh in a long time and you know, some parts just weren't funny at all - some of the ideas are very intriguing. By the way - you're wrong about something I've never played Tennis and my banjo practice is on Sunday nights.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Mat aka Pleg I was startled somewhat by this line in your story: **He had many reasons to be buggering, on what was a very cold and slippery morning somewhere in the South West of England** urrrrrm.....? Still, cheered me up. Welcome to ABC. Pop down Ta Chucks sometime....Hildas whippet might be on show if you're lucky ;o) BTW, your website link doesnt appear to work..... Liana
phlegboy
Anonymous's picture
the 'buggering on a cold and slippery morning' was simple double entendre in memory of many a fine carry on movie. I'm glad you're all finding it funny. I'm not unduly concerned that you didn't all of it funny, Carly - different people take what they want from different mediums. Thanks for your time and effort, anyway.
liana
Anonymous's picture
I hoped as much crept up on me with my first mug of tea. What abt the website?
phlegboy
Anonymous's picture
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Thanks...that worked. Interesting web site
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Well, it didn't duly concern me that it didn't duly concern you that I didn't find all of it funny ... but you didn't mean for ALL of it to be funny ... did you? My observations were sincere, by the way - saying it wasn't all funny, isn't an insult - 'twas a compliment.
phlegboy
Anonymous's picture
Sorry - did it not seem as if i'd taken it as such? I did take what you said as a compliment and not an insult - sorry if I came across wrong!
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Ok, I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I was looking to you to say I'm sorry - heh! heh! Seriously - I was just making sure you knew that - didn't want you to think I was being facetious or anything ...
Topic locked