ABC of Photography?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABC of Photography?

I've been away for a few days, and am just beginning to catch up with the threads again ( l misssssssed youuuuuuu allllll)
I was reading one about photos of countryside somewhere, and then another about publishing columns etc, and l just got to thinking...is there anything like this site, for photography? You know, hints and tips, showcasing own pics, tips on publishing? Just a thought.....I probably do about an equal amount of photography as writing, and would love to see something like ABCPics.

Jake Kane
Anonymous's picture
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Jake Just took a quick look - the section there on travel photography is excellent, have already ordered the book they suggest - Gawd, l'm such a consumer...... Cheers again
Jake Kane
Anonymous's picture
Consume and be happy. We are what we consume.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Pass me a donut someone
robert
Anonymous's picture
ah liana's back! but where is andrew?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ah Robert, how nice to see you. I left Andrew in Prague. Tried to drag him to the airport, but he was all rolling eyes, kept mumbling "more wild rabbit and dumplings please" I blame the becherovka. Poor Andrew.
robert
Anonymous's picture
a-ha! as my mum says, it's oh so easy to blame the becherovka. i always suspected there was a darker side of Pack
iFB
Anonymous's picture
am organising guerilla style ... errrm i mean llama style ... rescue mission this weekend ... shall fly out to prague and dry andrew out and bring him back ... wish me luck ...
iFB
Anonymous's picture
.... errr anyone have an alpaca wool balaclava i can borrow???
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Nope, but I've got a dark-brown overcoat...oh, dear, anyone get it?
liana
Anonymous's picture
One sniff of the Betons fishwife and you'll be a goner ps shall l come too? :o)
iFB
Anonymous's picture
*looks blank* but i just saw this: "FIVE members of the Northern Ireland football squad were being questioned by Czech police today following an alleged incident in a Prague nightclub in which one person was injured." liana! account for yourself ... and where is andrew REALLY????
Liana
Anonymous's picture
LOLOL Bet its Karlovy Lazne I know the dj there well, and hes a real yob :o)
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Great to see you back, Liana. Missed you.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Barry :o)
iFB
Anonymous's picture
of course i didn't miss you at all *airily*
stormy petrel
Anonymous's picture
I vaguely remember Liana.... I think. Wasn't she the one that writes rhymes for greetings cards? Or is that homely Lliama Llama?
iFB
Anonymous's picture
i have noticed several pedestal bids while she has been away ...
stormy
Anonymous's picture
pedestal bins you mean?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*deeply wounded by rhyme slight*
iFB
Anonymous's picture
need stitches??? if so fecky can oblige ...
soft lad
Anonymous's picture
welcome back from checkerslowvakkier, liana, girl! er, yer didn't happen to get Patrick Berger's autograph while you were pissing it up with all those footballers in Boris Karloff's alehouse, did yer?
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Sigh...an ode to Viv Stanshall...
robert
Anonymous's picture
ah! the ubiquitous vivian stanshall! a long time ago i heard something by him on the radio, it was a kind of comic narrative story with occasional bits of whimsical oom-pah music. it involved an odd collection of mainly rustic characters, some kind of aristocratic military type person, a tractor, and heavy usage of a rude word beginning with w. anyone know what it is? [um, the story i mean, not the word beginning with w]
robert
Anonymous's picture
i've got a spag-like feeling that i've just killed a thread...
iFB
Anonymous's picture
i fancy some crocheted flares fecky ...
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
On behalf of Robert I close this thread. No need to thank me!
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Sir Henry at Rawlinson End, Robert? Sorry Spag, not quite yet, me old mate...
robert
Anonymous's picture
yes! thanks andrea! now, is it in the shops?
liana
Anonymous's picture
urm....yes you can get tripe in CzRep, and crocheted flares sound a dream Fishwife. Interestingly, this place that the footballers were arrested -interestingly, the media are calling it a nightclub....mail me for gossip
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Dunno, Robert. I've got the cassette though. Have you seen the film of same? Found it a bit disappointing as Viv The Wordsmith featured a lot less in it and was somewhat overshadowed by...er... Scrotum The Wrinkled Retainer et al.
robert
Anonymous's picture
hehehehhe...i'd forgotten all about scrotum. i didn't know there was a film, but now i know the title of the story i'll have a look for a recording of it. thanks again
Topic locked