Editing

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Editing

I am back briefly. I just wanted to know if anyone really hates editing? I am in the midst of editing my stuff, boy it is boring. It is hard to choose which lines should be gone from that story or poem.

When you put your herat and soul into something and then re-read it and realise that a couple of lines shouldn't be there.
I am just finding it hard to get rid of some of the stuff.

Anyway back to Spag's editing room I go.

two-pisssed
Anonymous's picture
"It is hard to choose which lines should be gone from that story or poem." same prob with us...so we delete all of 'em
iFB
Anonymous's picture
boys!
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
He started Miss........Honest
bags of it (sh...!)
Anonymous's picture
spag is GOD of abc. he is cooler than Chile more brooklyn than beckham he's the toast the most first pasta post!
cliff_spab
Anonymous's picture
Spaghetti Si is Carly Svamour in disguise.
insippidi
Anonymous's picture
he's missi sippi in dis guise. use les stos ser.
cliff_spab
Anonymous's picture
Spag's Posts. Annoying? Guaranteed! Irrepressibly Self-Indulgent. Acutely Tiresome. Will Anyone Terminate him?
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
I'll terminate him at a whim. Was thinkig of doing that recently.
stormy petrel
Anonymous's picture
Spab, you leave hardly sephamore alone she had talet
curua
Anonymous's picture
Had ta let what?
talet spotter
Anonymous's picture
see ol der threads
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
Just a thought: Recently The Beatles/Paul McCartney/George Martin produced six CDs of their out-takes and made a fortune selling them as an anthology.... One persons rubbish is anothers treasure!
cliff_spab
Anonymous's picture
Fecky is Lovejoy in disguise.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
The award for the most stupid forum poster to.........SPAGHETTI SI!!! Sorry for posting it three times
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
It's always easier to edit other people' stuff than your own. But if you feel a line should be there, chances are, it should! I tend to cut out lines and paste them into a separate document so they're not lost forever. It works well - I had a section that I really liked but really didn't work where it was in my novel and once I cut it out, it was a lot easier to finish the chapter, and the bit I cut out later ended up as starting a chapter in its own right.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
Hey Emily, that is interesting. Never thought of doing that. Hmmm maybe I can write a poem of my cast offs and it will be great, I hope.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Cast offs could make rather excellent broken verse if a little Surreal.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
I am gonna do it. Just have to finish editing my bag loads of poems and stories.
Topic locked