"this is it' magazine is now live!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
"this is it' magazine is now live!

The first issue of 'This is it', a new online literary and contemporary arts magazine, is now live at .

'This is it' aims to be a showcase for the work of new writers and artists, to encourage the production of more and better work, and to make quality new writing and artworks freely available to everyone.

Please visit and support new talent!

Submissions for the second issue are now being accepted. Check the site for guidelines.

Cheers!

[%sig%]

Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Looks great - Congratulations! Thankyou for the link too. We'll reciprocate as soon as the open links directory is up and running.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
This is well worth a look - the site looks very nice, has a smart upbeat feel to it and if I could, I'd have put the Centre of the World story up as a Story of the Day on abc; lovely rhythmns and narrative drive and one of those stories about love that puts you right there, reminds you how it feels and gives you a smile and a twinge of regret.
Elfyn
Anonymous's picture
I love the design. Goes to show there *are* talented people in Haringey. :-)
d.beswetherick
Anonymous's picture
This is very impressive; I really enjoyed the stories. Massive fan of Mark Barber's work, so that was my favourite - brilliant. But the others were cracking too. The standard is much better, in my opinion, than the stories coming out of the "Save Our Short Story" website. You have better taste as an editor, I must say. One thing: it might just be my computer, or that I was reading via AOL, but, except for Marc Barber's story, the bios were superimposed over the end parts of the stories. By the way, is it possible to get e-mail reminders when each issue comes out? (Perhaps I missed the info on that.) d.beswetherick.
Daphne
Anonymous's picture
Thanks everyone, for visiting and for the comments! Nice to have a bit of encouragement, and very glad you enjoyed it. [%sig%]
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Looks great - initially took a while to load, though this may be my crappy modem - but on second view it zipped along nicely.
andrew o'donnell
Anonymous's picture
Yeah, it looks really good, Daphne, congrats in order, definitely. D.bes is right about the bio's though. Only read the two stories mentioned here.. really liked yours.. BUT like he says.. (on my screen anyway) your bio is marooned somewhere under the end of the text. Good to see Marc Barber in there too. Absolutely astounded to find out that (apart from ABC, I assume) this is his first published story. Marc seems to have escaped the Bio problem. Liked John Thompson's stuff too. [%sig%]
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Yes, very nice, Daphne, well done. Easy to navigate, clear, uncluttered and very easy on the peepers, too.
Daphne
Anonymous's picture
Yep, limited html skills, combined with a temperamental Mac, let me down slightly... I panicked, I moved stuff around, and eventually I pretty much re-did the whole site - so hopefully the floating bios (and other random bits) should be sorted by now. Problem is, I cannot actually tell, because it always looked fine on my computer! Anyone want to check it out on theirs for me? Anyway, cheers everyone for visiting and for all the very encouraging words. [%sig%]
Topic locked