'Pointless' arguments

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Pointless' arguments

But if someone's made you really pissed off, don't you think the best way to channel that is to keep ranting on the forum until you burn yourself out?

I may fling my vapid insults about in an unruly manner when I'm online, but I have simultaneously been enjoying a very pleasant evening with my housemates, cleaning up and watching the Olympics. I haven't said a word about my war with Missi to anyone, and don't feel a need to. In general, I occasionally complain about him to my girlfriend, but then she's seen him in action (and conversed, briefly, with him,) so it makes for a fairly civilized conversation.

I reckon more reckless youths should be made to get involved in web forums, as well as playing violent computer games, to syphon off all their rage and aggression. You'd be amazed at how good it feels when I realise the most miserable thing about my life is a silly argument with a man I don't particularly dislike when he's not baiting me.

choose
Anonymous's picture
?
stephen
Anonymous's picture
don't you think thats a bit unfair ? I mean you said you are treating your housemates and girl friend with respect but come online and throw insults about. Don't you think that online would be a better place if you came online with respect ?
sabelle
Anonymous's picture
But Jon, you're talking about it now. Why not enjoy life when you're young. Heaven knows when you're old you'll be at war with the world
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Gets you young, these days. And to be fair, Stephen, the only person I'm throwing insults at on here is the one who enjoys it.
stephen
Anonymous's picture
yeah cool hen i wasn't being funny i was just picking up on what you said. Anyway not seen any of your work on here for donkeys. What's up ? I always enjoy reading your work are you writing a novel or something ?
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Yep! It's about people living in a super-civilized prison city in the future.
stephen
Anonymous's picture
sounds like real life........
stephen
Anonymous's picture
how are you writing your novel, I mean that in a structuring sense. Do you just write as it comes or are you using some kind of formula ? *if you don't mind me asking*
Hen
Anonymous's picture
Like most novelists, I'm just sort of stumbling along. Sometimes I just write stuff in because I think it's cool, and sometimes I sit around thinking hard about the structure, and what I might be trying to say, if anything. I think it's going to be about survival through good communication.
Topic locked