James Woods.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
James Woods.

Hey all you film buffs out there, and I know there are quite a few on this site. I'm trying to recall a Film with James Woods as a sleezy (James Woods playing sleezy? Never!) boxing promoter who trains a black forty year old ex-boxer back into shape, to put him in the ring as a - um - 'ringer' to win a huge bet. It's about 15 or 20 years old. My girl friend and I couldn't get into the film we wanted to see and had to opt for this one. But we both came out saying 'actually that was very good.' The reason, I ask is, that the black actor - and I can't remember his name - was interviewed in The Guardian and when he began the role he was 30lbs overweight, which is why he was hired, and agreed that he would exercise down to a good fighting weight. Well, in the interview he said that forget about the government telling you that if you walk for 20 minutes 3 times a week it'll keep you fit, and help you lose weight, it wasn't until he got up to 4 hours - that's 4 HOURS - of anaerobic excercise a day did he lose weight and keep it off. I walk between 5 and 10 miles a day and I'm still overweight. Anaerobic being, cycling - not genteely - jogging, chopping wood, walking uphill, playing rallies in tennis (not games, too many breaks) squash etc.. Do you see how difficult it would be to keep that up for 4 hours every day? I suppose the actor did it in 4 separate hours. Impossible for someone who has a job. Who was that actor?

It was Diggstown (1992). The black guy was Louis Gossett Jr.
Thanks Brighton!

Topic locked