Newbie who would like a little critiquing

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Newbie who would like a little critiquing

I have been putting things up for a while, but I haven't had any time to start a formal discussion about any of my writings. I'm trying to see different perspectives on what I write, and I thought this was the perfect place. I'm from a small town, so open minds aren't exactly abundant. I would very much appreciate some critiquing.

I see that one of your pieces has been cherried, so I'm assuming you know your work is pretty good! You're therefore probably asking for in-depth crit rather than a pat on the back. If so, I'm not sure ABCtales is the best place for that as people come here mainly to post/store work and/or read, If, like me, you can't find a writers' group in your area, there are several sites on the Internet where critique is a higher priority, eg. www.eastoftheweb.com, www.writersdock.co.uk, www.slingink.co.uk. Writers' Dock might be a good place to start as they host a large number of critique groups. One of them is bound to be right for you. Hope I've been of some help. :-)
Thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate it.
Topic locked