Research question

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Research question

Hi everyone

I couldn't think of anyone to help answer these urgent research questions. My time is running out *so to speak*.

Is the Eifiel tower the tallest man made structure in Europe ?

At what point in the Eifiel tower is it possible for a person to climb on to and how would they get there from the last elevator.

Can you explain the route they would take climbing ? E.g from the last elevator. ( you obviolusley not need have done this but if you could imagine a scenario and explain some one doing it)

What is the slang term from some one from Paris, i.e london = cockey, Manchester + manc ect ?

thanks ( hope y'all fine an well)

Don't know Don't know No & Frog As it's in reality a telecommunications mast , I imagine there's a ladder fixed above the last elevator point for maintenance engineers to reach microwave dishes etc.

Sorry, I maybe put this question in the wrong fourm. I am rushing about like a dog on heat getting bits and pieces of info. I have been working on my entry for a the Oscar Moore comp for first scripts, for the last eight months. So i was re-editing over the last few weeks and thought i would have another look at the comp entry form and for the first time noticed they wanted the films to be set in Europe. Mine was originally set between glesgae and new yark. I did not see that part of the form when i started writing the script. I nearly choked so i have been working furiousley to change the script from New York to Paris. Mississippi part of your answer was really helpful, more helpful that you can imagine but since i have never been to paris ( but hope to go soon) and never been up the tower i need to get kind of view how you might get up to the top from the last floor you can access from the elevator. Is there locked gates that can be accessed by the engineers near the last floor were the elevator is and could anyone explain what the scene looks like eg. EXT. TOP OF EIFEL TOWER - MIDDAY (for talking sake) stephen, lee and jot walk out the lift they walk quickly to the locked gate burst the locks with the boltcutters and then ( are there stairs) it would probably be a spiral stair case, or is it) I know it was the highest structure in Europe for a long time but not sure if it is now and can't find the info on the net. I have no idea what some one from Paris is called. Is it a parisener although this sounds a bit iffy. *crikey its all go*

stephen

It's definitely not the tallest structure in Europe. Am 50% certain that honour belongs to 1 Canada Square, London E14. (Possibly there's a newer building in Frankfurt to account for the 50% of doubt there.) ---- John H

I wasn't close. And the Eiffel Tower isn't even the tallest building in Paris. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_skyscrapers_in_Europe ---- John H

Thansk, finsihed anyway what a polavra it was from the word go. But managed in the last week to change the script right aroudn and put in a good one for the comp, thansk god for the typo men who inveneted the spell cheker thingy or my entry would probably be going straight in to the boyne.

stephen

No , i missed the comp deadline. The script was not as far on as i first presumed. This is due to the fact that i write on note pad on an old pc and have no way of checking the word count or page count. But in hindisght it is better if i put it away for a month or so. I have started another one set in blackpool 1996 during the football championships that year. Its a romantic comedy about a couple of seasonal workers, then i am a writing wallace and gromit type film script but set in Scotland some of this project has already been completed. Any one interested in representing a talented UK script writer who has creativity as his second name. yours scincerely sd

stephen

Topic locked