Thanks eidtors/ Congratulations to cherrypicked

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thanks eidtors/ Congratulations to cherrypicked

I'm not reviewing anything I just wanted to thank the editors for all the cherries given out lately. All excellent picks to. And I wanted to thank whoever it was that gave my story "The box Man" a cherry.

Congratulations Spack, Mcmanaman, Jack Cade, Masie, and whoever else I missed.
And well done to everyone else who was left out. Thank ya'll.

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Enzo
Anonymous's picture
I think your story was well deserving of the cherry Mike. I think that although your stories have always been very imaginative, you're technically a far better writer now than when you first joined, and look forward to reading more as you continue to get better and better. Congrats! Enzo.. www.thedevilbetweenus.com
Thanks Enzo. I have a question for you, if you don't mind me asking, why is it you haven't posted anything in such a long while? Just not enough time from work?

Give me the beat boys and free my soul! I wanna getta lost in ya rock n' roll and drift away. Drift away...

Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Of course I don't mind you asking! In truth, I've actually been writing quite a lot recently, particularly the past few weeks and I'm finally having some ideas that I'm happy with. I think I'm a little too prickly at the moment to take praise or criticism well, to be honest. I'm just in the kind of mood where I look at all the stuff I've posted that's got a good reaction and think others were just thinking - "Well, Enzo wrote that so I'll cherrypick it and/or say it's good because he's around the forums a lot." Is that a bit mental? Maybe. I've had a good response to most of what I've written, even the really bad stuff, and that kinda dilutes the value of the encouragement. I don't know. I'm still reading and forum-ing(?!) though, and still love it as much as always. Enzo.. www.thedevilbetweenus.com
Good point. As a matter of fact I seemed to notice that with you. If everything I write had excellent reviews I would be slightly discouraged. But I see what you mean. I to was writing much in the time I was absent from ABC tales. In that time I was able to write a few short stories, but which I'm most proud of, an 84 page screenplay which I've begun to submit into script consultants and indie film companies.

I'm just in the kind of mood where I look at all the stuff I've posted that's got a good reaction and think others were just thinking - "Well, Enzo wrote that so I'll cherrypick it and/or say it's good because he's around the forums a lot." try using a false name

Oh they'll find out. WE HAVE WAYS YOU KNOW......

Or maybe you're just your harshest judge, Enzo, and the things that are cherrypicked -are- actually worthy of a cherry, even the ones you think are rubbish...
Enzo
Anonymous's picture
Dan, not a bad idea.. AG, possibly right on me being an overharsh judge - I guess it comes down to the subjectivity of the thing. I think my main problem is overvaluing the importance of praise / crit and undervaluing their actual suggestions. I need to sort my perspective out. No biggie. Enzo.. www.thedevilbetweenus.com
Foster
Anonymous's picture
Mike, Thank you for the flag - it's nice to be grouped with such talent. I thought your story, The Box Man, was your best yet, both in style and subject. Personally, I was glad to see you move away from the mob/gangster motif. Congratulations on your cherry, well deserved. Enzo, It almost pains me to know that you’re writing new stories, but we don’t get to read them. It was your stories that inspired me to write in the first person. If you post something, I promise not to flag it… Foster
me too:) Juliet

Juliet

Topic locked