Lord of the Overrated: Nearly There But Not Back Again

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lord of the Overrated: Nearly There But Not Back Again

Could someone explain to me how a 320 page novel, essentially written for children, warrants a six hour trilogy? Especially as a prequel to another trilogy that clocks in at around 900,000,000 hours or so... (give or take an hour)??

I'm sure the reasons are purely artistic and nothing whatsoever to do with the millions and millions of pounds that can be made from three films rather than one...
Romantic LGBT 'pathy parental control not guidance.
The whole sage sucks. Sorry LOTR fans... I might watch the movie just for the sake of it though... and yeah, Stan, I had to read The Hobbit at school too...PURE TORTURE. All my mates love it.

Natalia :)

It's a great book and I've seen an excellent 90 minute theatre production. I'm intrigued HOW they'll pad it out to three movies, but not that intrigued. I'm just dreading the Adventures of Tombombadil and Farmer Giles of Ham trilogies. Peter Jackson is a Director who has lost the word 'cut' from his vocabulary - to think he was planning to do the Lord of the Rings in just 2 films

I read the book in my 20's and enjoyed it immensely just as I enjoyed Lord of the Rings- but I won't be rushing off to see The Hobbit on film.
The Dark Tower novels are way more fun. I'm dreading how terrible the movies will turn out to be.