Failed Blackberry Harvest

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Failed Blackberry Harvest

Despite a recent newspaper report, I find that there are no blackberries anywhere this year.  There are no blackberries in the shops, either.   Has anyone else noticed this?

We've had some enormous blackberries drum. Come to the East Midlands.

It would be a bit difficult for me to come to East Midlands from London, but I do notice that even in the parks there are no blackberries.  I wounder why there is a glut of them in one place but a scarcity in another.

I'm almost ashamed to say this, but because I never do any gardening my back garden is like a blackberry plantation.  They were early this year and the change in temperature and rainfall have meant that many of mine have gone mouldy on the bramble.  I managed one blackberry and apple crumble though!

blackberries are all over the place (and plums and apples) bumper crops. Perfect summer for fruit. Then again I do live on Mars.

Bushes around our house have been full of them. Just dying out now but over about five weeks we had a bumper harvest; blackberries with breakfast and/or dessert every day and a couple of tubs in the freezer.