Can people solicit on this site?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can people solicit on this site?

I found someone recommending a site who runs the site. Is this acceptable? What do people think. Of course we can all spot them. e-griff

Jo
Anonymous's picture
Was this topic ever for real...........Thanks for cheering me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neilmarr
Anonymous's picture
Hi guys: Not sure who's being ticked off here, but quite a few of us who run writing sites and forums pop into each other's discussions. It's not a matter of poaching or soliciting, it's just that we all share ideas and cross pollination is valuable to everyone. Before posting all of us introduce ourselves to moderators and site managers and editors to be sure we're welcome -- infact, you'll find we usually come along by invitation because we can be a tad helpful to each other's membership at times. At this non-commercial end of publishing, there's little -- if any -- competition and we tend to be a pretty close-knit small circle with very similar aims. No back doors. All above board, I assure you. Cheers -- Neil neilmarr@bewrite.net
stormy
Anonymous's picture
since we can all spot them it doesn't matter does it? I just feel sorry for a) them for trying to pull the wool when they should be pulling something else and b) anyone who falls for it. having said that it depends if they are intending subterfuge. If so my comments stay. If they are open about it then fair enough. some good sites have been recommended over the months.
egriff
Anonymous's picture
Yes, I went back and looked thoroughly over the site concerned,and it seemed above board, with the sponsors clearly indicated, so no, there was no subterfuge on that one. I guess I'm cynical, given some other people in the 'world of writing' . and I guess you're right about the sharks being easily spotted in our pond (now there's a theme for my next fish rhyme! are we dabs or are we 'flounders')
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
'Don't tell him Pike!'
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Who was it? Was it me? If so, I recommend it cos even if I *didn't* work here, I'd still use the site cos I reckon it's ace and I'm also an aspiring writer :-) (although I do use a pseudonym for my work cos it's easier that way)
egriff
Anonymous's picture
Yes, and I've only been here 7 days and I spotted it already!
e-griff
Anonymous's picture
Oh, Emily, as I started this, can I ask for it to be removed? I think everythings been said.
andrea
Anonymous's picture
Oh, leave it on, Em - then I can solicit too... *flexes fingers*
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
removing threads is a total nightmare so we only do it in extreme cases Cheers Em
Brownie_1
Anonymous's picture
Really... How do you get rid of the rubbish then???
e-griff
Anonymous's picture
My shame hangs round my neck like an albatross in heat. The gibbous moon reveals my ignominy.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Crikey!
s.d
Anonymous's picture
indeed !
Topic locked