"Kippers" - A New Acronym

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
"Kippers" - A New Acronym

Kids In Parents Pockets Eroding Retirement Savings.

It seems that more and more people who are well into their thirties are still living at home with their parents. What are our views on this? I scattered my energies half way across the world for many, many years , but I would often go back to my parents home to recharge for a month or two. In fact, in the late eighties I lived with them for two and a half years while selling TimeShare out of a Leicester Square office.

I was a K.I.P.P.E.R., and I've no doubt some wag will say I still am today, but I felt at the time, and still feel now, that this gave me the strength and confidence to test myself against the world, knowing I had a safe place to come back to, that there would always be a roof over my head, and I would never be turned away. In a weird way this knowledge supported me in putting myself through those character-building adventures.

So is it the fact that there's always a place to crash, wherever you've been and whatever you've done, or is it having a loving, supportive family that builds strength of character, even if they're several thousand miles away?

I'd be interested in others opinions on this.

martin_t
Anonymous's picture
as a dinkie, i doubt if i will ever come across a kipper scenario...
fish
Anonymous's picture
kippers are evil and if any of the fishbones try it i will kill them ...
martin_t
Anonymous's picture
that would stop them staying at home....;-)
Buddha
Anonymous's picture
"I was a K.I.P.P.E.R., and I've no doubt some wag will say I still am today." Hmmm. That would be a rather surreal wag, wouldn't it.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
hmm..
Not Paul Greco ...
Anonymous's picture
He means, I think, in the way that, even those who think you are a twatt would not make the wiggins-logic leap and arrive at the word "kipper". That would be a bit... ...like... weird. I'd guess that's what he means.
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
In what way would he/she be a rather surreal wag, Buddha?
Topic locked