Lisa Hinsley's (lisah on here) Plague" (available on Kindle)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lisa Hinsley's (lisah on here) Plague" (available on Kindle)

Oh my god! I've just read this novella in two sittings - I needed to break the tension with a chapter of "I Partridge" by Steve Coogan or I'd have gone mad...
it describes the progress of a modern day bubonic plague epidemic from the point of view of a young family in Merseyside, who are locked into their house to die by a terrified, toothless government. It's claustrophobic, dark and putrid, and is absolutely excellent.
Its an unblinking study of despair, a true horror classic; reading it is like having a nightmare where you can't wake up, or having your head clamped in front of a road traffic accident so you can't look away...
You HAVE to buy this book.

Hi Gareth, thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the novella. I'm hoping to make a series of the novella, there are more dark and murky plans afoot... Thanks again! Lisa
The murkier the better! I certainly want to know what happens next, as I can't stop thinking about it at the moment. For the benefit of everyone who hasn't read this yet, I don't want to give the impression it's unrelenting despair; there some very tender moments in there too. Extremely well judged, I think. Congratulations Lisa.
Thanks, Gareth. Means a lot to hear that. I was wondering if you'd be happy leaving a review on the Amazon page? So few people do, and they really do make a difference to sales. As for sequels, I'm sure an early chapter will appear on my profile here at some point! Keep an eye out if you're interested.
Topic locked