emotional expression v personal observation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
emotional expression v personal observation

I don't know what the general concensus is but some of my more powerful poems seem to stem from observation of events or things as opposed to my own emotional state of mind.I try and write things that I observe rather than uncover my own emotional state.I have had Parkinson's disease since the age of 7 and I suppose I could dwell on it, but I'd far rather be positive and look to the future.........
I like to see people smile and enjoy life...just like I do!
Life is too short to worry !

Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Good stuff! Think positive!
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Well, I just looked at your poem, Ruby Wedding - lucky it was recently posted - I wasn't able to find it by searching Mr. E. That's good that your parents had that rich a life - did you travel with them at all? My husband Jeff tells me about his parents - they also travelled a lot. Maybe that's a nice poem to put in a frame and give them on the anniversary date.
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Ed, your poem - Feelings of Guilt ... I don't understand why you got an average rating of 3 ... I gave it a 5! I thought it was the best I read. C'mon folks ... get in there - it's a good poem.
Matt (mr_e)
Anonymous's picture
Carly, thanks for your comments.........much appreciated. I wrote plenty of versions of 'Feelings Of Guilt' but the draft I submitted was inspired by reading a lonely hearts column in my local paper...it took about ten minutes!
Topic locked