ABC Londoners meetup?

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
ABC Londoners meetup?

Who'd be interested in an ABCer's unofficial meetup in London (for the London crowd), and if so, when, where and how would be ideal for you?

- Jake
(just invented a new word for table)

Cliff Spab
Anonymous's picture
Just go to the Worlds End and walk round the back. Can't remember what the name of the road was. There was a bit of dogshit on the corner last time I was there, but it might be gone by now.
tihs god
Anonymous's picture
look the dogshit is still there- si
Jake Kane
Anonymous's picture
...and if anyone is around Camden on Saturday night, Spaghetti Si, myself and Polish Mark will be frequenting the area, probably to a place called Subvision, at Bartok, on Chalk Farm Road. Never been there, but it sounds interesting.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
I'll be there along with the guy that designed ABCtales (ie, made the site) What time are you going?
polish-mark
Anonymous's picture
Emily, if you mean what time is the London meetup, I don't know. If you mean what time will me, Jake and Spag be at Subvision tonight, we'll be there around 8.30 - 9.00. Spag will be the Skinhead with the bright red shirt (probably).
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
I meant Subvision - see you there
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Looking in my diary, I unfortunately have a prior engagement for July 27th, but keep us all informed of any sunsequent meetings.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
couldn't find you polish-mark - asking people if they were Spaghetti, polish-mark or Jake was entertaining though... I suggest for the London gathering we all turn up carrying a copy of ABCtales (or wearing a red carnation!) CHeers Em
polish-mark
Anonymous's picture
Yeah sorry about that Emily, we hung around till about 9 then Jake started moaning about going to Camden instead... Red carnations it is!
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
No probs polish - not that surprised you didn't stick around there - wasn't one of the best bars I've been in (mainly due to the lack of seats and expensive beer) Look forward to meeting you at the London bash, complete with red carnation!
Jake Kane
Anonymous's picture
Pah, my name has been tarnished unfairly. Just get a mop. And a bucket. In the bucket put a lot of varnish and tar and cover my name in it. :( Twas not my idea alone to go to Camden. It got to about just after 9pm by which time the alcohol had made our wallets as dry as the drinks were wet. Sorry for not being there, and we were looking forward to meeting you, but it wasn't me who instigated leaving at that time.
frank j foley
Anonymous's picture
Count me in for the 27th July (he says, knowing full well that he has trouble thinking ahead a week, let alone a month!) Emily, are we leaving it in your capables (what?) to gives us a little reminder, say mid-July, or do we have to be (shock-horror!) efficient and keep a note of it in our diaries? Oh, the weight of responsibility us third millenniumers have to carry...
cliff_spab
Anonymous's picture
Spab
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Bad timing for me, I'm afraid, the 27th. I'll be sailing the high seas (well, as high as they get on the way over from The Hoek)...
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
I'd love to meet up with other ABCtalers - central London/Camden/Kentish Town would be good for me
Jake Kane
Anonymous's picture
I was thinking more of the 28th July, a Saturday, so we won't be tired after work (except for those who work on Saturdays) and tgus opening up the option for those who live further afield to attend.
curua
Anonymous's picture
28th is fine for me too (oh the joy of summer holidays...)
curua
Anonymous's picture
Any time in August or late July would be cool....
sigh,man
Anonymous's picture
I'll be there. Gabrielle should be as she lives in Lewisham. Oh yeah and Andrea as she is cokney native.
frank j foley
Anonymous's picture
perhaps we should make a weekend of it. floor to crash on, anyone? (me, that is)
wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
I'm an ex Londoner but I live close enough to go in whenever. What a great idea!
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
There's a pub called The Tottenham on the corner of Tottenham Court Rd and Oxford St that's very easy to find - it has a downstairs bar we could commandeer if we turned up early enough.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
That sounds great. Lets decide when then shall we? Forgot to use commas. Oh well
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
I'm in Blighty for a couple of weeks as of 26th July - sounds like fun. Can wow Spag with me rhyming slang...
Gabrielle
Anonymous's picture
I would love to meet up but I go to France for the whole of August.It would have to be before the 28th July. Are old people allowed?
Lord Alfred Hayes
Anonymous's picture
I am fairly old so I think there is no age restriction. Spag says he can't wait to be wowed by Andrea's cockney slang
polish-mark
Anonymous's picture
Great idea Jake, but before deciding a venue make sure you know where it is...I don't want a repeat of our trek to The Asylum.
clifton_spabrella
Anonymous's picture
The Camden Tup, round the back of The Worlds End, Camden, is nice, its better than the Tottenham, which is always full of right Spabs. Thats also where the Guardian talkboard people meet up.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Camden Tup sounds good (never been there but if it's near the World's End, then it's easy to find and also near a very good - and dangerous in a good way - late night tequila bar I know for afterwards) Given everyone's timing, how about the 27th July then? Bad news, it's a Wednesday. Good news - we've probably got enough notice to all take 28th July as holiday... Oh, and Gabrielle, everyone's allowed - age is irrelevant! Although maybe we all need to wear red carnations to recognise each other
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
Sounds like a great idea. I'm up for it. Keep me informed.
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Have a drink for me, gang. Sounds like fun.
curua
Anonymous's picture
27th at the Tup sounds cool. I'll be definitely be there. We should all wear a pasta necklace in honour of Spag Si.
andrea
Anonymous's picture
Ain't the 27th July a Friday? Which means, folks, no-one will have to take a sickie. Bet you're all pleased about that. Me, I'm on holiday so I don't care...:-)
Lord Alfred Hayes
Anonymous's picture
I have spoken to the charming and sensitive Spag man and he says he will be there. He is currently locked away in his spag cell but will be back shortly. He also stated that if Curua had a necklace of pasta he would be very happy, but he would have to eat it.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Andrea, you are entirely right - I was looking at June in my filofax. Knew there was a reason I rely on computers! So, Clifton, what road is the Camden Tup on?
Topic locked