Where the truth lies

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where the truth lies

I heard that there was a free giveaway of rushdie's new novel in the netherlands,is this so?also i caught the last bit of tom paulin's review of fury on newsnight review on friday last,he slaughtered it in his celtic lilting poetic way.

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
First I've heard of the Rushdie giveaway...I'll check it out and get back to you.
Reinardina
Anonymous's picture
This must be the give-away from the book publishers. Or actually the people promoting Dutch literature. There's quite a bit of negative publicity in the Netherlands I gather, because this is the first time a book written by a non-Dutch author has been chosen to promote Dutch writers!?! It's a book given away during the 'Boekenweek' (book week?') to anyone spending a set amount (or over) buying books in that particular week. (Andrea, it must be the 'Boekenweek geschenk.') When I still lived in the Netherlands, it was usually a thinnish booklet, not what I would call a proper Book book, if you know what I mean. I also don't know if it's a proper novel. It usually is a specially commissioned work.
Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Yep, sorry, I did check, but couldn't find anything about it - probably didn't try hard enough. Story of my life...sigh. 'Boekenweek geschenk' = Book Week gift. They must be getting desperate if they're giving away copies of Salman...
Topic locked