voice recognition software

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
voice recognition software

Can anyone recommend voice recognition software? I'm tempted to purchase some as reading pages of text to my pc seems far more sensibe (and less trying) than typing it all up.
Don't know where to start though, or what to look for. Any advice appreciated.

justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
I've used this myself. It comes with a rather good headset with a microphone. You can use the headset for other purposes as well. The software does work, however you should know that it takes some time to get it to recognize your voice reliably. The more you "train" the system, the better it works. I do not use it regularly, as I just did not take the time to train it sufficiently. However, it can be done and it does work. You can get it to work at a decent level of accuracy in about an hour or so. It is also generally available in shops and via the internet, I think.
J.B.Steele
Anonymous's picture
Hmm, I am wondering what brand of voice recognition software did you all try. I too have been interested is using that method so that I would be able to do more than just sit at my computer while being creative. Judy
marina_henshaw
Anonymous's picture
Thanks Justyn, I'll give that a go.
muzzy
Anonymous's picture
Die dope tit woks butter than mine pig.....
rogerlevy
Anonymous's picture
I tried it thought it would be the answer...it wasn't all I discovered was a new language...not English and it cost me a hundred and thirty quid. I expect its ok for letters but anything creative forget it... Mind you letters can be creative too... Take no notice of me... Roger
Topic locked