The Man Who Was Thursday

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Man Who Was Thursday

I know I've brought this up before, but it was ages ago...

Anyhow, I want to get a new copy (the one I've read belongs to my parents,) but I'm really not taken with the covers I've seen on Amazon. I don't usually think about the covers, but I really loathe those beige Penguin classics ones with a naturalist painting on the front. Why isn't TMWWT modern enough to get the silver and photo treatment? Can't be much later than Kafka, can it?

Anyhow, I wondered if anyone knew of an edition available with a worthy front cover. Not a hot, hot topic, I know, but any help would be gratefully received.

andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Can't help you on front covers, the one I've got is sort of Victorian railings and a picture of Saffron Park, which I rather like, but it is a very old copy. Have you read The Napoleon of Notting Hill? It is not as masterful as Thursday (but then, what is?) but it is still very interesting - particularly if, like me, Passport to Pimlico is one of your favourite films.
Hen
Anonymous's picture
I bought The Napoleon of Notting Hill a while back, but haven't got round to reading it yet. Quite liked Passport to Pimlico, but it was the weakest of the Ealings I went to see at cinema city - much preferred Kindhearts & Coronets and The Ladykillers.
Topic locked