Club Tropicana Thread

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Club Tropicana Thread

Anyone remember the video to Wham's 'Club tropicana' song...here are some clips

It was on TV t'other day and commentator said it was shot in the middle of the 80's recession. Lots of unemployment, mining strikes, protests...and a lot of musicians focused on the grey, bleak landscape of Thatcherite Britain.

But Wham went for escapism with Club tropicana...which is about sexy young things having fun and drinking cocktails....

So as an escape from the bleak landscape of the threads, I invite you to have a tequila slammer, some coconut ice and relax in the sun...please feel free to remove your clothes.

Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Curse you, jude! Since reading this thread I've had that horrible tune go round and round in my head ever since.
radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
Well get up and do something about it then Jude. I'll met you in Honolulu on the 25th. Bring your tackle.... (fishing tackle that is), them boats is a call'n.
ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
"all that's missing is the sea" funny because later he says that lovers "Watch the waves break on the bay" so where are they coming from if there's no sea?
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
*visions of john nettles in a Wham! Teeshirt* I prefer tropicana with juicy bits
ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
errr... I should emphasise that its only ME who thinks I look like John Nettles so I'd prefer it if you pictured Mr. Pitt instead if it's all the same.
Rachel
Anonymous's picture
I have to say that John Nettles does more for me than Brad Pitt. Am I wierd?
ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
yes
ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
will there be enough fun and sunshine to go round? and can we sun tan?
jude
Anonymous's picture
yes...all that's missing is the sea...la la la
Topic locked