Junk email

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Junk email

I was sifting through the spam email in my in box when I came across one for a new type of on line book club. They allow you to download the first chapters of any books on the site in pdf format, so you can see if you like them before you buy and there's no commitment to buy the book from them.

It's like being in Waterstones or Tesco without having to leave the house.

If anyone's interested...

[%sig%]

ely whitley
Anonymous's picture
it's 'ciao' unless you were off to get some food.
mississippi
Anonymous's picture
*grins*
Radiodenver
Anonymous's picture
It's chow if your a dog. Dog-Chow...
Foxy
Anonymous's picture
Waterstones is a chain of bookstores here in the UK and Tesco is a supermarket chain that sells discounted books, mostly those in the top ten. I always read the first few pages of a book before I buy it and I can often be seen loitering in the books aisle of my local Tesco dog earing the pages of new paperbacks. [%sig%]
Foxy
Anonymous's picture
You are very welcome. I've downloaded a few chapters... now all I've got to do is summon up the energy to get up of my arse and leave the house to go and buy the ones I want. [%sig%]
RhodeIslangGirl
Anonymous's picture
I've heard of this yet have not done it yet...I'm going to try the link THANKS
Jasper...not D.Trump
Anonymous's picture
Bragart.... lol Fig Newtons, Glenfiddich, and Dry Ginger Ale, too please......you can describe the taste to me on your return......Eve in bubblesssss.....Ooorggrrhhhh! Have you written anything new, Foxy? I've been busy stealing Walnuts, Figs, Blackberries and Apples off the natives here in Oz....Autumn...very yummmyyy!
Foxy
Anonymous's picture
Jasper, the first chapter of my novel Trinity is in the Cherry Picked section but it's been there for a while so you may have already read it. I'm currently in the process of editing it and I may post a couple more chapters when I've finished. [%sig%]
Topic locked