..Permanent Writer's Block

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
..Permanent Writer's Block

I have had Writer's Block for much too long.

I want to write something.

Realistic Fiction, preferably.

Geh.

I really want to write a story about a girl who wants to be on Broadway, since i"m obsessed with Broadway, but I didn't know how to start it.

Urgh.

Someone -- HELP.

E-mail me at conversehitops16@yahoo.com with suggestions. PLEASE.

Thanks.
-Writer

giardino
Anonymous's picture
Stop thinking about it and just start it. Write down anything. Pick a random word and start with that if you want. It's only by writing that you can write. Make sense?
billy shears
Anonymous's picture
When she's a kid she has this ill, pyscho brother who she nurtures alot and sings to in his bedroom every night. His parents dump him into brutish care in the end and she can't see him. When she's older, have her going to london to seek fame, cant get it and then she gets into drugs, becomes a prostitute and sings when she's humping. Then a promoter fucks her one night and she sings a little ditty with him keeping rhythm with his cock stick against her arse. And then he promises her untold riches and she becomes famous but her half-brother,see's her on tv and cries at the song she sings on stage, one she used to sing him when he was a kid and it puts a spark into him and he becomes besotted with her and hangs posters off her and sings the song under his bedsheets, rocking back and fourth. Then he escapes and go's to visit her. She doesn't know about this infatuation and welcomes him with open arms and promises him that she'll hide him from the quacks and all the while the tension is building with him, her now promoter husband and everything comes to a head and the pyscho ends up killing his pregnant sister. Then it all ends with the psycho waking up in a nursery at home clutching an old muscic box of a wind-up ballerina figure doing a slow, haunting piroutte.
Mark Brown
Anonymous's picture
Why not try [%sig%]
Mark Brown
Anonymous's picture
Did you have a look at Inspiration Point? It's really good you know!
Fiona Johnston
Anonymous's picture
There is a simple cure for this although I am rather intrigued by your obsession with Broadway - query, have you been there. If not, you are going to have to do a bit of research. My advice would be to go for somewhere that you know,your own village or small town, wherever you live. At least the familiarity will make it easier, that is assuming you have not already started, thank god. No joking apart. Switch off your computer and get yourself a folder,divide it up into twelve months of the year, using clip or word art if you are that way inclined. Put some paper between the dividers and jot down some ideas, keep another notebook with you. If you have problems like I do, trying to decipher your hieroglyphics, then type it out, keeping a special folder if you do not have an electronic filofax like I do. After a while, transfer it to floppy if you wish to store electronically or make a hard copy. After that, there will be plenty of ideas to follow up and you will be asking yourself, what is writer's block when you are at home. If you have a day job as they say, there should be a multitude of ideas around you, just a question of keeping your eyes and ears peeled. It is so easy to go through the day, taking everything we see for granted but pretend to be a baby, just having learned to sit up and take notice of the world and you will soon be alert to all sorts of ideas. Jot down something you hear in the news or read in the paper. Be alert in other words. When my parents ran a bookshop, there was a bookmark which had the following, 'the world needs all the lerts it can get' I hope this might help. Ciao, Fiona
just living
Anonymous's picture
please can you send me some erotic stories to my email directly if you can really i will be very greatfull i want to read short sexy sotries
jim
Anonymous's picture
As Fiona Johnston said, you do need to make sure you get your facts straight about such a famous place. The research is vital, but you can also use it as a tool for character development. As you discover things about the place, write them down along with your thoughts and feelings about them. Transfer these over to your character, and you'll have a realistic sense of discovery. As for where to start, well, make a bare-bones chronology of the story... She comes from somewhere. She begins to act on her dream. She faces a dilemma. She succeeds, fails, or chooses a different path. Pick one of those and start describing her situation. Just a thought, Jim
Topic locked