Trying to be green
I am trying to be more environmentally friendly (I have built a compost heap and a rain butt and we now recycle twice as much as we throw in the general rubbish - so polish my halo with some Ecover Mousepoo Furniture Spray).
Yesterday I was going through my wardrobe deciding what to get rid of, what needs mending and what needs ironing etc (this is very theraputic and should be done on a monthly basis - as I only have three pairs of trousers and three tops it takes very little time and sometimes I do it more frequently, like every time I get dressed in the morning). Anyway, I came across my trusty summer white trousers which have a giant red wine stain down one of the legs (oh the heady days of last summer when the drink flowed). So I decided that I would dye rather than dispose.
I bought some "environmentally friendy" dylon dark green colouring that takes, get this, three washes at 95 degrees to do the dyeing, is full of chemicals (even though it says is EF on the packet) and then takes three more washes at 95 degs to get the washing machine clean again. I don't even wash my pants at anything over 40 degs. Is very annoying.
Anyway I have given up on that idea and am now going to swill the trousies round in the water I have used to boil old veggies (from the farm shop natch) and see if that works, for a proper green effect and possibly an authentic smell. Unless anyone has a better idea for either getting the wine out or getting some colour in (doesn't have to be green).



