Aaaahhhhhhhhh! Free Scanner downloads.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aaaahhhhhhhhh! Free Scanner downloads.

I'm not posting on the help site as I've never had a response. But this is a general computer problem. As a complete doofus with computers I don't understand since my move from Oxford why my computer will not recognise the scanner. I've mislaid the download disc. I've just been told that I can download software for free on the internet. Can I buggeree! I've logged on to Google and Ask Jeeves, but it's generally, 'yes you can view this for free before you decide to buy.' Help! I've got a ton of stuff to scan to put on abctales. From Fatalkyda.

you need the driver software which you can probably get from the website of the manufacturer. So if it's say and epson scanner then you would go to the main epson website and there'll be a 'downloads page' there. They almost always provide free backup software for hardware drivers etc. Otherwise there are loads of free sites that have lists of drivers and you enter the details of your scanner and they send you to the free download. If it's a problem I bet that if you said what scanner it was on here some bright spark on here would provode a link to what you need... err not me coz that's a bit beyone me
Driverzone.com
It seems the scanner lead is knackered, and it's a lead that's sealed. So one new scanner required. But thanks for your help.

Topic locked