Repetitive brain strain

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Repetitive brain strain

Wow, I am making myself stuuupid.

I have developed a rather unerving habit of checking my emails and abc compulsively.
Anyone else?

Apparently if you constantly check you emails or phone you are creating set brain pasthways which indirectly make you more stuuupid.

Shit, got to stop, I need my brain for MA.

Span

I have been checking ABC compulsively today Span. Only because it has been absolutely chucking it down all morning and so I've been pacing about, feeling gloomy and trying to distract myself with reading and posting to the forums. It has probably, ultimately, resulted in my making everyone esle feel gloomy too. So, sorry everyone! *puts raincoat on*
Duuuhhhrrr, whaddaya mean, checking yer emails n' ABC all the time makes yuh stuuuupiid? I'M not stuuupiiid. Duuhhrrr. Ah don't have nuthin' better ta do...
Exactly
I check back a lot if I'm in the middle of a disagreement with someone because I like to have it out and get it over with. I also do it when I'm bored at work, or procrastinating, in the hope that there may be something distracting I can my teeth into. Don't really understand the logic of this. How does it make you more stupid?
I will attempt to refind the article. It was a while ago. I fear my attempts at explaining would be useless. span
"Don't really understand the logic of this. How does it make you more stupid?" Do we need more proof? Sorry, I couldn't resist. Oldest joke in the world. "You don't need the light of the Lord to read the handwriting on the wall." Copies of Warsaw Tales available through www.new-ink.org
I very often check my hair and ass, but not my phone. I hate phones. I only check abctales once a day because any more would make me oh so ridiculously up my arsehole. :)

There's nothing more mind-teasing than the incomprehensible eagerly avowed -
Dennett

hejira
Anonymous's picture
Basically, it makes you more stupid by creating a constant repetitive cycle of checking, checking, checking (emails for example) only to be met with no new information. Then the cycle starts again: check-nothing, check-nothing. Meanwhile, your brain is running down through lack of new feed. You're a rat running into the same blank blockades over and over again. There's a sciency explanation to do with dead neural pathways, but I'm too thick to remember it.
I suffer from R. S. I.. Repetitive Senility Injury.

Topic locked