TESTY MOBS - TEST MOBS?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
TESTY MOBS - TEST MOBS?

So, I'm reading the news and this story catches my eye.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/12/usaf.weapons.ap/index.html

A top US Air Force General says modern non-lethal weapons should be tested on "testy US Mobs"

I quite honestly don't know what to make of this.

First of all, I'm not aware of many instances of "Testy US Mobs" in the recent past, but I suppose drunken college frat parties and flooded hurricane ravaged cities may qualify. So, how is this to be accomplished? Well, perhaps we should pick the most likely place for a testy mob to appear and place one of these test systems in that location in the hopes that a "testy mob" does develop, then wheel that puppy out and blast away...of course we'd have to station some observers with the weapon with a good pair of binoculars and some check sheets...yep, I count 12 vomiters, thirteen shitters and wait a minute...looks like someones ear drums popped from their skull. Did you get that?"

What's more likely, is they'll sneak a few of these around and blast unsuspecting citizens without them ever knowing. You know, a controlled experiment. This leads to the thought of the government actually having to stage an event with the intent purpose of creating a "testy mob" so they can "testy" their new weapon.

If all goes well, then the program can be expanded. We can then start testing "lethal" weapon systems on "testy mobs". "Well sir, we aren't really sure if this thing will make someone explode or just turn them into mush". Eventually, we'll have "testy mob" alert levels (kinds like the terror alert levels), you know, green for everything is cool, blue for possible mob formation, yellow for mob formation sighted, orange for break out the blaster, red for "we got some data" They'll put these alert lights on every street corner so we'll be prepared.

What is just as scary though is knowing that these things will get tested and on people, sooner or later. Iran, are you there...are you reading this?

I'm sure they'll find some way to test the weapons out on, say, anti-war protesters; all they need is a nice, big anti-war march down the streets of some major city; plant a few rabble-rousers to fire up a riot, and test away. If some of the participants are turned to mush, they can always put the blame on 'trampling caused by overcrowded conditions during the march'.
Topic locked