Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Has anyone read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yet? I thought it was shockingly good, especially after the disappointing sixth book. What an end to the series! And I'm sure those who hate it will groan, but there's plenty of manoeuvre for sequels (though not featuring Harry and co.).

It took me seven hours, and it was a roller-coaster from the start, i thought. I am still disbelieving that half of it happened, or that a number of my favourite characters died. However, JKR has definately left at least one path that sequal can be made from, one that could almost certainly lead to the return of the Death Eaters, if she wished so.
All these killings, it sounds positively Jacobean.
I know! I thought it was really moving, even if some of the deaths were a bit under-done (in my oppinion)- on the other hand, JK could have gone for all out melodrama and I'm glad she didn't because it would have spoiled it a bit. I agree with you on the sequels (though I'm not entirely sure what you meant on the Death Eaters- Scorpius?) and I think they (whoever has the rights, that is) will definately trot at least one out, though probably not written by JK. I dunno whether I'll read it. Probably will. G- you're 'killing' me...
The disuse of the Elder Wand is the perhaps biggest path that JKR has left; Harry says he will not use it, so that could give, say, a grown up Scorpius or another Death Eater child something to hunt down. PS-JKR has said there will be no sequel, but that she is going to write an encyclopedia about the series-which itself might clear up some things.
Topic locked