Waiting for a reply

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Waiting for a reply

On entering the very scary world of trying to find an agent or a publisher, they often state that they do not want submissions that have already been sent to other agents/publishers. I have found in my experience that it can take several weeks if not months to get a reply, so if you are hoping for a particular piece to be published it could take several years! Oh the joys!

i self published a book several months ago with an organisation called Authorhouse.co.uk this information came from the Writers Handbook. firstly, it cost me £595 this included my book being made available at both Borders and Amazon.com for a unspecified period and at scores of online outlets both here and in the USA. That's where it is now and that's where it will probably stay. the company who took my money do absolutely nothing to promote your book. oh yes! they send you news letters and invite you to seminars in LA! to talk or i should say listen to the benefits of online publishing. but they are not particularly interested in novels. sure if i had a hot off the press account of life with the US Marines in Iraq where I had been embedded then my tale might summon a little more interest. but in the main zilch! so let me think. you can send chapters of your book to as many publishers/agents as you wish at any one time, remember it is your copyright no matter what and you can do what the hell you want with it! hope this helps. Lulu.com is a pain in the arse and a waste of space.

Nothing to say but it's OK - good morning!

Topic locked