RE: Everyones Got Trauma

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
RE: Everyones Got Trauma

Topic posted in response to Everyones Got Trauma : http://abctales.com/story/gabbyemm/everyones-got-trauma-not-done-lol

ABC Am going on hols on saturday am going to miss my abc :( how will I cope!

Jax

What???

GabbyEmm.

Sorry I am new to site, have I put it in wrong place.

Jax

Um, yeah unless you read my story and want to comment on it and that is some wierd lingo lol.

GabbyEmm.

I think your story is a wonderful piece of writing and, of course, it is extremely moving and, needless to say, it’s a brave act to talk about trauma, to explore it, but then again, it can be quite therapeutic, I imagine. ... the story says so much, and with such a balanced and clear perspective, that I don’t know what to say in relation to it of any particular possible value, except that it does feel unfinished. Maybe, it is just Chapter 1. Chapter 2 needs to be said, Chapter 3 ... Okay, in reading, a few things did occur to me, not so much as truths but more as reflections. I found myself wondering if you might be better to stay essentially within the heads of Ella and Ben and not stray into seeing inside the heads of the adults, but rather let them remain as something of an unknown. It also occurred to me to wonder why the looks, or rather the good looks, of Ella and Ben are seen as so significant. Are good-looking people more to be trusted in crisis and in sharing than the less good-looking? Maybe so – I’m not sure. Also, I found myself wondering about how one deals with feelings of loss and guilt arising from trauma. I recognise that shrinks have their place in helping people to help themselves out of the hole they find themselves in. I also recognise that friends, particularly who have or are experiencing a shared type of trauma, can be hugely useful to each other. I can think of a number of cases that I have witnessed of this kind of thing. But also, I wonder if, ultimately, we need to address our own personal trauma deep inside and find the way to unmask and remove the coping behaviours that we have entered into, in our efforts to stop the trauma repeating too savagely. But then again, maybe you have this notion in your mind as the story develops - I would of course be wrong to be making an assumption of this type without any evidence for it. Random thoughts of mine – I am sorry if they don’t help with your own writing and thinking and feeling that much in any way. But i hopeyou'll keep writing and exploring and being brave with this story.

I really appreciate your feedback thank you very much, and your right maybe I should take Dr. Jaysey's part out of the story. I totally get what your saying. I am actually brainstorming as I go along, it just kind of comes to me. However, you have given me alot to think about. Thank you very much, and you are very well appreciated in my eyes.

GabbyEmm.

Topic locked