Me and Mickie James on kindle / iTunes

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Me and Mickie James on kindle / iTunes

My book 'Me and Mickie James' which originally appeared on here many years ago and is published by Jonathan Cape is now available on the Kindle and also on the iTunes store (as an iBook).

This is the Kindle link - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Me-and-Mickie-James-ebook/dp/B00AC05FXU/ref=sr_1...

Some reviews -

THE GUARDIAN
"Oddly affecting... manages to avoid both cliché and sentimentality... the reader willingly surrenders to the mad tour."

DAZED AND CONFUSED
“Gummerson hits upon an awkward ingenious prose style that makes biting comedy out of both the surreal and the mundane.”

TIME OUT
“‘Me and Mickie James’ may make you think occasionally, but its real strength lies in keeping you entertained.”

MORNING STAR
“...a witty and entertaining story rather than as an earnest political statement.”

3SIXTY
“Me and Mickie James is guaranteed to put a smile on the most miserable of faces.”

AESTHETICA
“Everyone needs a light-hearted book sometimes and Me and Mickie James does the trick.”

GT
“Gummerson’s dry humour will have you chuckling from page one to the end.”

CHROMA
“Won’t be forgotten in a hurry.”

GAYDARNATION
“Gummerson has written a gem of a novel.”

PULP.NET
“Constantly slap-stick silly... it may tell you a thing or two about the fun of being off beat.”

BOOK MARKS
“Gummerson anchors this charmingly quirky novel with exuberant storytelling and effervescent dialogue.”

And the blurb....

Down By Law are a pop duo like no other. For a start Mickie James has a hunchback, but that doesn't matter, he is the talented one. From their base in a disused room at the top of St Pancras Station they plan to take the music industry by storm. Only first they need gigs, a record deal and a flushable toilet.

When they meet the pink-hatted impresario Ivan Norris-Ayres at the local cheese shop, they think things are finally going their way. They are, but not in the way they expected. Via giants in a minor European theme park, weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and an unidentified splinter group of the Viet Cong on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, they find the path to success is anything but a simple three-chord love song.

Me and Mickie James is a novel of amazing energy and humour about love, fate and the importance of pop music in all our lives.

Me and Mickie James owes a lot to ABC Tales because it was only after posting the first story about the pop group Down By Law on here and getting some nice feedback that I decided to write more stories about them. And more. Until I found quite by chance that I had a whole book.

I also have a website here - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drew.gummerson2/Drew%20Gummerson/Drew%20Gum...

Good for you Drew.