Eating Orange by Alison Dunne

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eating Orange by Alison Dunne

Eating Orange is a delicious poem. I loved it!

Great job, Alison

http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewStory.cgi?s=2462

Barry Wood

ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
gosh ... thanks B ...
ivorytrombone
Anonymous's picture
*wow* x x x
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
Yes, I liked that poem - I can almost smell those orange peelings. I never thought of that before - how it was that we enjoyed oranges like that when young. Heh! It brings back memories - I remember the teacher demonstrating how you could peel it all in one piece - that's the world looks like all flattened out, he said. Good job here, Allison.
robert
Anonymous's picture
i liked eating orange too, the first time i read it...i found many of her others "difficult" the first time...it was this partly that led me to ask in another thread whether being able to read and understand poetry properly is a skill...having persevered i think that some of her other stuff is as good, if not better...try a state, insider, nine months on, and goat...i'd be v interested to know whether you like them immediately
IFB
Anonymous's picture
stop it at once!
Diana Bird, Editor
Anonymous's picture
Just thought you'd all like to know Issue four of the ABCtale magazine (out next week) contains Eating Orange. If you fancy seeing it in print pick up a copy of it at The Body Shop or check out the front page of the site to see how you can get them sent to you. Cheers.
Carly Svamvour
Anonymous's picture
To IFB - Re: Stop it at once! WHY? Is this thread actually making sense? Now, we can't have that, can we?
robert
Anonymous's picture
yes, IFB, what DO you mean? and what can the letters IFB possibly stand for? *shakes head in bewilderment*
IFB
Anonymous's picture
sorry folks it is just my perverse nature ... makes me feel slightly uncomfortable ... that's all ... i do not mean to be ungrateful ... *pondering what IFB could stand for ......*
mayonaise
Anonymous's picture
Perhaps IvoryFishBone is blushing with modesty at all the praise she is receiving for her poem?
Hitch
Anonymous's picture
It's not just the one poem, Mayo. It's all her work, which I recommend you read. Hitch (who spells her name with 2 h's and an itc in the middle because she has to).
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Thanks for letting us all know, Diana.
Topic locked