getting technical ...

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
getting technical ...

i don't know anything about these things but was thinking that a useful addition to the site would be a facility to "favourite" your favourite writers ... i would like to be able to access them quickly and not fumble around with the search thing ... it would also stop me losing people i stumble across on a wander then sometimes forget the name of ...

max
Anonymous's picture
I have saved favourites to my hard disk, then created individual files for each author.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
The other thing you could do is use the 'e-mail this to a friend' function at the bottom of each piece of work to e-mail it to yourself. However, great idea Ivoryfishbone, and one we have chatted about in the office before, so you never know, you could be in luck (depending on how much it will cost us to set up)
Finn
Anonymous's picture
Well Carly will be alright, she knows where she is.
curua
Anonymous's picture
You can bookmark writer's index pages in your computer's favourites and go straight to them that way...
fey
Anonymous's picture
And it would be great (but I suppose too hyper technical) if you could get a list of your faves and it could have a star or something next to their name to let you know when they'd done something new. Also there are two poets who's names I can't remember (who were poet of the day months ago) and WISH I could. It would be lovely if you could open a file and put in the names of writers you find (or are hit by on random)but don't have time to read all their stuff.
ivoryfishbone
Anonymous's picture
marvellous idea ... thanks curua ... still i would like a little box somewhere with my ABC favourites in ... it would be nice ... and i love fey's idea about a little star ...
Li Ana
Anonymous's picture
Surely you only need to remember MY name?
vagina indentata
Anonymous's picture
yes, i only ever spend my time gazing up at the pedestal! damn poetry!
Mississippi
Anonymous's picture
With a name like that I would have thought you spent your time looking down into it! The toilet pedestal I mean!
Topic locked