Writers networking with websites

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Writers networking with websites

I only joined ABC a few days ago, but haven't seen anyone mentioning having a website.
I would welcome the chance to browse anyone's website which is writing and / or art orientated.
Mine can be found at www.ukpoet.cjb.net

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
An excellent addition, Emily. Great stuff. Have to get one of me own together now.
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
I've now added a link to ABCtaler's websites at http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewfeature.cgi?f=8 - mail me your site address and a brief description if you want me to add your site to the list Cheers Emily
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
Hi Mark, I had a browse of your website. You don't mention affiliation to any orgs (not that it bothers me one way or t'other) but, with your track-record, I was surprised that, as a 'freelancer', you haven't signed up with the NUJ or similar org. I still have very mixed feelings about e-pubn / POD, although I have been following the developments of its many forms over the past couple of years. It's certainly an interesting concept, although obviously still in the infancy stages, thus very niche market. I continue to keep an open mind about its long term future, and have had contact with a number of writers who have taken the 'e' route. Again, their accounts vary from good to bad. Keep me posted!
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Looks great, Emily. Thanks a million!
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Glad to be of service
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Welcome, David. I'll check out your website. Here's mine: http://www.barrywood.net
wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
I haven't got one (small, squeaky voice). So, if you show me yours, I'll just be content.
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
Hi Barry.. Checked out your site. Do you have connections with any orgs that cater to the Blind? I can put you in touch with the Writer's Division of the US 'Nat Fed for the Blind' if you care to email me UKpoet@aol.com Hi 'Wolfgirl' my website is www.ukpoet.cjb.net My wife worked with wolves during her film/tv wildlife documentary writing career. I would have expected something more than a 'small, squeaky voice'!
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Thanks, David. Cheers. :-0
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
I am usually a wolf. Tonight I am a little hoarse however. I too truly work in a wolf capacity; I write for a wolf conservation magazine. I am due to visit some brand new cubs at the weekend at the UK Wolf Conservation Trust. I envy your wife her work; now I'm truly speechless!
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
Unless you have read my profile or visited my website, you will probably not be aware that I am a Brit in Florida, USA. I'd like to know more about the UK wolf clubs. I just recently had an article in the BBC Wildlife magazine (May Issue) about conservation matters, etc. Funnily enough, my wife's first major wildlife/ecology movie competed in a major film fest against Robert Redford's movie "Following the Tundra Wolves" (I'm going back to the mid 70's though).
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
where you say " Tonight I am a little hoarse however.." Would that be a Falabella or Shetland? And I thought they whinnied as opposed to squeaking?
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Hi David Mine is Liana@Liana.org.uk (the .uk is most important, so Mr. Pack says) *smiles* I also edit www.torturedpoets.net which is a bi monthly zine for a writers group that I run, also includes photography. I'm hoping to expand it somewhat in the future as I get more time, to include book reviews and short stories....anyone with any ideas, I would be grateful. Liana
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Great looking site, Liana: http://www.torturedpoets.net
UKpoet@aol.com
Anonymous's picture
Hi Liana - First to say that liana@liana.org.uk is your email address not a website address (The give away being that a website address never uses the @ (at) character and is only used as part of the email address) Your website address is www.liana.org.uk which I checked and found interesting! I also checked out the tortured poet website. I've heard of this site before, or at least heard of similar orgs using the name 'tortured poet'. If you would like to exchange website links, please email my webmaster at jwhittaker@aol.com I'll be going back to your site to try and find and sign the guestbook!
curua
Anonymous's picture
My website is: http://members.tripod.co.uk/curua it takes a while to load, 'cos I have put too many pictures up... sorry. There's also a link to Dogplop's website on it.
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Well worth the wait, Curua. Great pictures.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
I ," The coolest cat In the world" Spaghetti Si am actually developing my own web site. So when it is finished I'll send you happy campers the link
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Thanks David I am always doing that - adding the @ l mean, its what I use most I guess. I dont have a guestbook on my site, but there is one on the tortured poets one..please, I'd love you to sign it. Theres also a message board there. My site seems always to be under construction..time, there just isnt enough of it. :o)
mark piggott
Anonymous's picture
Hi David- you showed me yours so here's mine: http://uk.geocities.com/writer33uk keep at it
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
Hi Curua.. I am assuming you are 'Kieran'? I found 'Cake' and 'Dreadlocks' interesting reads! Spaghetti_si - Hi.... Keep me posted about your upcoming site.
spaghetti_si
Anonymous's picture
I will do David. Should be a couple of weeks until it is up and running.
Topic locked