Home Improvements

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Home Improvements

I would just like to recommend to everyone to read Home Improvement by Andrew Pack. It takes a lot for a story to really impress me and recommend it, but this is such an imaginative, humourous piece and deserves to be not just in print but made into a short film or something akin. Andrew, write the script! Brilliant. Six out of five.

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
I agree. I loved this story. Very clever. Well done, Andrew!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Added agreement. I mailed Andrew, and told him to start firing it off to magazines, as a "coffee break " story. Very impressed also.
robert
Anonymous's picture
andrew is now one of my favourite writers on the site. i think he gets better with every new piece
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
I agree. Andrew does brilliant work.
Barry Wood
Anonymous's picture
Another Andrew Pack story I'd like to recommend is Ev'n Beasts: http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewStory.cgi?s=4026 Andrew knows how to put the reader right into the story.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Glad to know that you all agree. I read it and was knocked out - so told the others to make it story of the day immediately. it wasn't a tough decision. His best yet - and it was a hard act to follow. Congratulations all round. pip pip, tc
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Difficult to reply to this without being flippant or glib, so I'll just say thank you everyone. It makes it all the nicer that you are all writers that have made me jealous and delighted in equal measures from time to time.
stormy petrel
Anonymous's picture
As you will understand, Andrew, the title attracted me and I read it when you first posted it. I don't know how you think of these plots. Glad you aren't my solicitor! Well done.
David Taub (aka...
Anonymous's picture
I also read "Marigold" and will be emailing you about this, Andrew. If it's who I think it is, I know the background to this guy.. (Before I moved to the US, I lived in Norwich. If it's the same guy, Marigold was in Norwich for a number of years and then disappeared.) Speak to you in email... David Taub
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Ev'n Beasts is excellent. m recommending Andrews stuff all over the place..very good.
andrew pack
Anonymous's picture
Shame I'm so crappy in person. Have now met Liana on two occasions and have said barely four sentences to her. It takes me longer to warm up than other people. I am capable of holding a conversation, honestly.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
*makes note to self, try and be less scary*
Topic locked