Login probs???

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Login probs???

Feel like a legless lumberjack. Still having bother with logging. I type username, then password which is ...(ha nearly told you)....and it comes up You are looged on as username.

Then i get put to the front page, where it says "You are not logged in."

Do I smell? Cos if I do, don't blame me. Blame the rotten food in spags-r-us.

I JUST WANT TO SUBMIT STORIES...BOOOO HOOOOO!!!
*sniffs, snobs, and leaves*

Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
Nope, you don't smell. I think you've just disabled cookies somehow. ABCtales uses cookies to store user info, so if they're switched off, it won't remember who you are Cheers Emily
muzzy
Anonymous's picture
Best thing to do when you do get into ABC never log out then you are in all the time. Just shut the window, thenyou can come back at anyime, no need to log in again. It works for me.
iFB
Anonymous's picture
fergus i notice you have a gov.uk address up there ... are you logging in at work ... and if so would this have anything to do with your problems? am not geekgirl by any means ... it was just a thought ...
stormy petrel
Anonymous's picture
iFB ~ a cupboard full of ideas mwah ginger
stromie
Anonymous's picture
Stormy! welcome abroad! where you bin all my pint? rgds pet troll
stormy
Anonymous's picture
Ahhh my little troll. thunderstorms. constantly booted. unable to post. ok now. earlier went to teach robbers how to drink. failed
fergus
Anonymous's picture
iFB - I think you have something there: I usually use a pc in the local library, linked to the local council. Might have something to do with that. Not a lot i can do, but get my own pc etc... Will anyone send me a pc and modem etc...?
fergus
Anonymous's picture
Emily - sorry, I haven't a clue what a cookie is, and wouldn't know one if it came up and screamed in my face. I'll have to go read a book or something... ta
ferguswergus
Anonymous's picture
Another problem I have (I don't have TOO many more...) is this bloody library service. If I DO manage to login to abc, I only get ten minutes per post . This includes emails and submissions et al. Explains why my pieces are short. Wish I could post longer stuff. Maybe I can type up stuff on word, then login and submit? I might just stick to my favourite old typewriter - the original laptop...
Emily Dubberley
Anonymous's picture
A cookie is a a little text file that the website asks your browser (IE5/Netscape/whatever) to save. After it's been saved, the website can ask your browser what's in it every time you come back. ABCtales uses a cookie to store your log in details so you don't have to log in on every page. Hope this helps Cheers Emily
Karl Wiggins
Anonymous's picture
A number of my friends have been unable to access ABCtales.
Emily Dubebrley
Anonymous's picture
get them to e-mail me with a description of the problem and details of the ISP and browser they are using and I'll get our techies on the case
jennifer
Anonymous's picture
All you need, dear ferguswergus, is a floppy disk - write up your stuff in word, save in A drive, then copy and paste onto ABC - takes seconds, minimum stress.....dare we now hold our breath for longer pieces?? Jens
ferguswergus
Anonymous's picture
Jennifer - thanks. I managed to do this paste/copy thing. I used to be a decorator..but this ain't the same... Yes, so now you can be subjected to longer stuff!!! Like Zen and Elvis grossness (on its may) TODAY, i got to abctales, and I was logged in, without even logging in!!??? Well, I'll sign off and come back to see if i'm still logged in. hmmmm...
Fecky
Anonymous's picture
ferguswergus, As a painter & decorator did you never find a cookie in your lunchbox? (that's not the same as an inbox but more use.)
andrea
Anonymous's picture
Tastier, too...
fergus
Anonymous's picture
my cookies were always of the more noble variety and were never tossed in a lunchbox. *note to self: eh?*
Topic locked