Marketing (ha ha)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marketing (ha ha)

Ever since the days when I had a publisher, I've been responsible for marketing/ promotion of my own books. That's how it is for everyone.
Since Twitter/X's decline began, I've sold fewer and fewer books. Facebook has never sold many copies of anything for me.

I am unwilling to pay Amazon to advertise to achieve the square root of SFA(I've done it in the past with spectacularly unimpressive results).

Any suggestions?

(If one of us succeeds, we all succeed).

I'm in the same boat as you (and everyone that publishes a book every five minutes on Amazon). The suggestion that you should pay to advertise seems counterintuitive. You may sell more books, but you lose money paying for advertising. And you don't know if you'd have sold more anyway? The obvious solution seems to be become more well known and marry a supermodel and then murder her. Or better still hold her to ransom and demand a million of your books be bought or she'll be set free. All those that have done the right things and imagined sales were locked away long ago. 

Good to see this book will be out soon. Do you have a press release? If yes, send it along, I'll knock up a blog about it and put it out on my pitiful Social Media presence too.

(If one of us succeeds, we all succeed.)

Moth V.Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Hi Moth - are you trying to post a comment from an android device? There's a glitch, but you can find the workaround here:

https://www.abctales.com/blog/insertponceyfrenchnamehere/posting-your-an...