beloved

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
beloved

anyone read this book by toni morrison???

Andrea
Anonymous's picture
Nope, haven't read it yet - isn't/wasn't she one of Oprah's protegees (can't find the two accents and does it need an apo?)? Nice to see you back, Fish...
lisa_gibson
Anonymous's picture
No, is it any good? I might read it if so. Yes, it was one of Oprah's books.
iFB
Anonymous's picture
i thought it was a wonderful book ... compelling tragic and i thought very well written ... have heard people have trouble getting into it as it has a dense prose style ... but i would recommend it ... and thanks andrea ... nice to BE back ...
Wolfgirl
Anonymous's picture
OK I'll come out of the closet. I watch Oprah. I feel so much better now. Welome back too fishy person. More about this book........?
lisa_gibson
Anonymous's picture
Oh, this was a movie Oprah was in that did really bad, wasn't it? I might give the book a read though. Right now I'm reading "Back Roads" another Oprah pick. Do you ever notice how her picks are a little different. The characters are funky or something. They are usually great books, but just different somehow.
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
This is a book that must be given serious consideration. Toni Morrison is a wonderful writer with a great touch - I'm amazed you haven't all read it. Do so. It should be compulsory. Mind you, 'The Mind of the South' by WJ Cash is now out of print I gather and that was one of the most mind blowing books about the Southern USA ever written. Still, give Beloved a whirl - it stirs your spiritual senses as well as your literary and political ones. I'm a big fan. Pip pip, Tony
iFB
Anonymous's picture
the bluest eye by the same author is good too ...
El Ton Jon
Anonymous's picture
Fecky, My mother made me a homosexual. If you buy her the wool she'll make one for you too.
John Fitzpatrick
Anonymous's picture
She'll need a whole bag full - minus two balls!
dogstar
Anonymous's picture
we studied beloved in second year english here at stirling and the subject matter seriously impressed me. vast and uterly powerful. a book with a BLAM!
Topic locked