A'dam Peace Demonstration
Fri, 2001-09-28 17:21
#1
A'dam Peace Demonstration
There's a peace demonstration in Dam Square tomorrow at 2pm.
I don't suppose any of you will be attending, but I'll be thinking of you terrible lot anyway...
it seems to me that the peace demo's aren't getting much press.
maybe you need to introduce some violence.
that will make everyone notice.
it worked for the anti-globalisation movement; sein fein aka the ira aka the prov ira aka the real ira aka a splinter group of the ira (change your name and deny everything in the name of peace talks) - (this post is not by stormy who wants to win a nobel peace prize and who is not responsible for the breakaway stormy poster); the udr/uda/pull the udder one; badermeinhof; black september; intifada (name any one of twenty); basque separatists (i've been trying to do that for years and always fumble the clips); I could go on but I've lost the will to type movement.
that's the trouble with peace.
it's not news.
AH, but if you introduce violence, does that not make you become a terrorist??
AJ
aha!
There in spirit.
AJ
me also
Ditto. There was a peace meeting in Aberdeen on Thursday, and there's a candlelight vigil here on Sunday.
Got me dates wrong, didn't I (as usual)?
It's tomorrow (Sunday), at 2pm.
Will probably need to down a bucket of Guinness on way back to recuperate (Irish pub a mere stone's throw away).
Will keep you informed...



