'Just a Girl' by young_hol

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
'Just a Girl' by young_hol

I recommend this piece of Holly's work.. its a diary.. and was very good I thought.. it's got something to say.. and shows how cruel others can be at times.. I really liked this piece of writing, so if anyones got the time to spare.. then check it out.. as it's a good read:

It's called 'Just a Girl'

http://www.abctales.com/abcplex/viewStory.cgi?s=21772

holly
Anonymous's picture
cheers sean. i was actually beginning to think i could write a little for a second there.....my mistake.
hameline
Anonymous's picture
Holly - Don't let other influence you in that way, be your own person and believe in yourself. If you don't write you will never mature as a writer. But if you need constant encouragement from others to keep on writing this is not the place to find it as most people are preoccupied with their own work and affairs. Gini
funky_seagull
Anonymous's picture
Sorry everyone didn't realise this piece of writing had already been discussed. Must have been away when the threads at the bottom of this forum were posted... shows how lazy I am at times.. jus checking out the top ones..
janus
Anonymous's picture
Well I was ashamed to say that i hadn't read it. Thank you funky for the recommendation. This is such a terrific expression of what must go on for many young people. It will help me to understand things a little more now
sirat
Anonymous's picture
Holly; I hope you read my reply to what you said in the "Collateral Damage" thread about giving up - and I think Bryan said much the same and also Funky Seagull. You have a lively and fresh style when you let yourself go. The piece that I think suited you best was "About a Girl". Don't let people deflect you from what you're doing, especially spouters of pseudo-intellectual clap-trap. You have talent and flair. Your work is a pleasure to read. Go for it, girl!
Hellen
Anonymous's picture
I really liked this because it really did remind me of when I was younger and the feelings I had, old diaries and stuff. Holly really captures that high school feeling as well.
seannelson
Anonymous's picture
For gosh sake, guys, I thought the work had very little merit. It wasn't bad. It shows that the writer is decently intelligent. No more. Why do people keep on recommending work with no content? I've kept my mouth shut up until now but I think I should point out to everybody that this kind of stuff is fiction, yes. Literature, no.
bryan
Anonymous's picture
Yep, she's been there sirat. I hope this is all straightened out now. Keep writring, Holly. I'll read and comment whenever I can but haven't much time. I'm just taking a five minute break from study to see what's happening on ABC.
Topic locked