THE BIG ISSUE

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
THE BIG ISSUE

Anyone read the short story in this week's edition ?? It's absolutely gorgeous. Have just finished reading whilst scoffing my brie and tommyato sandwich. It's called Brothers in Arms by John Kirby and a sort of Kill Bill parody... wry, funny and clever - and I just love it.

hovis
Anonymous's picture
no worries Tony...I know how busy you are reading all our uploads, hassling web guys and drinking coffee!!!!!!
neil_the_auditor
Anonymous's picture
While you're at it, Tony, any idea what their publications policy on short stories is? I know they don't want poetry. I'm sure that out of the thousands on this site there'll be plenty good enough for publication which authors would be happy to provide for free. [%sig%]
hovis
Anonymous's picture
Tony - can it be reproduced here with full credits???? it's such a short short...i could retype....no??
Hen
Anonymous's picture
I always like the paintings in The Big Issue, and most of the prose pieces.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
John Bird was a guest lecturer at my Uni on Monday... wish I'd known.
hovis
Anonymous's picture
...ye me to Hen...there's something about 'outsider' art that I really really ike ...and I use the term as my personal reference and to which I also include myself - and yes that's self congratulatory I know!!...but as I never take compliments seriously it will fly by and end up in the bin. Liana which uni do you go to??always meant to ask. and could I reproduce it here??????
hovis
Anonymous's picture
yikes...like.....not ike.....
Liana
Anonymous's picture
Lincoln Uni Hovis... I dont know whether you can repro it here.. I'd say yes, sure John wouldnt mind, but I'd check with Tony or Mark first...
Tony Cook
Anonymous's picture
Sorry Hovis to be a while getting back to you. I'll check with the Editor - it could be a problem as they are very touchy on copyright - quite correctly - but I will beg a special favour. Apologies for the delay.
Topic locked