2 minute snacks

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
2 minute snacks

I do like the food threads... am eternally grateful to Justyn for his crushed garlic tip... to Ely on pizza base sauces..

Here is a delicious 2 minute quick snack:

Tub of humus eg the standard Sainsbury's variety
Pitta Bread
Fresh Lemon
virgin olive oil
Black Pepper
Dried Crushed Chilli

Pop 2 pittas in the toaster..

Generously pour some olive oil onto the humus; Scrunch black pepper, and squeeze some fresh lemon on it. (Crushed dried chilli for added spice)

Slice hot pittas into strips, then scoop generously and tuck in...

Very nice with a cup of tea.

PS for Fish:. minute not as in 'tiny'

PPS:. If you do crush the chillis don't touch your eyes afterwards or it will end in tears..

fish
Anonymous's picture
what was crushed garlic tip?
Jay
Anonymous's picture
Oh yes I to love cuppa-soup especially with a nice long roll to dip in it chicken and leek is my favourite...
Len Matlock
Anonymous's picture
I just tell Mrs Matlock that I want some snack, chop chop, and its ready in 2 minutes. Job done. [%sig%]
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Rather than peel garlic which requires good fingernails and takes ages and leaves you with smelly fingers.... just use hard flat surface eg bottom of a mug to crush garlic and the peel (?) falls magically away... it works!
Liana
Anonymous's picture
soup?? *runs screaming from thread*
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Oh. can I borrow Mrs Matlock for a sandwich.
fish
Anonymous's picture
oh yes ... i use the flat of my knife ...
freda
Anonymous's picture
Liana you're only cringeing because you havent yet found the right soup for you. I was given a free leek and potato soup mix by tescos last year. Re-constituted it the other day, and it was still delicious. You could stand a biro in it. Or a nice long roll as Jay recommends.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
la la la im not listening la la la
Len Matlock
Anonymous's picture
She's bringing the coal in from the shed. I'll ask her when she's finished. [%sig%]
Ralph
Anonymous's picture
For really thin sliced garlic use a razor blade (as seen in 'Goodfellas') Ralph
1legspider
Anonymous's picture
Ok.. I'll wait. What sandwich would you like?
justyn_thyme
Anonymous's picture
Another tip I picked up from Jeff Smith, the Frugal Gourmet: Hot Wok....Cold Oil....Foods Don't Stick! That's his motto. I've never used a wok myself, but the same principle does work in other kinds of frying pan situations. As for the garlic thing: it's not necessary to crush it to get the peel off. A sturdy thwap will usually do the job, leaving the clove largely intact and ready for slicing with a razor blade if one is so inclined.....exactly the kind of tedious task that attracts the nose candy crowd.
Ely Whitley
Anonymous's picture
my favourite 2 min snack is a fried egg on the undone side of a piece of toast, strips of cheese on top, a splash of worcester sauce and under the grill till the cheese has melted. as the egg's under the cheese it stays soft and oozes out when you slice it mmmmmmm.
Liana
Anonymous's picture
mmmmmmmmmmm like the sound of that one ely *rushes off to kitchen* one of mine is toast done on one side, then the other side spread with mint jelly (not sauce) and half covered with strips of cheddar, then put under the grill again til the cheese melts.
freda
Anonymous's picture
My current fave is cuppa-soup, as I'm trying to cut down on coffee and tea. They are so much better than meals. And if you eat them dry it's much quicker.
Topic locked