Cultural Differences And Idiom

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shame on you, Missi. I would never assume to make any judgement about how you are in real life; I go on the premise that, despite the fact that you often come across as a bad-tempered and cynical old git on this forum, you are most likely in reality far, far nicer and I'd probably even like you. If you actually *knew* me you would perhaps change your tune. On the other hand, I don't base my attendance in this forum on whether or not you are happy about it, so let's just leave it... As far as US citizenship goes, the husband, once he got his, landed a very nice job with the US Forest Service; he still laments leaving it behind to move back to the UK. US Govt jobs are quite cushy, if you can get one, so citizenship -does- have its perks... it depends on how you feel about being an American at this point in history...
Iceman, please do yourself a favor and do NOT become a US citizen. The advantages, if any, only come into play if you plan to live there permanently. Otherwise, if you want to live or work anywhere else in the world, your UK passport is worth far more. Being a US citizen is a horrible disadvantage outside the US. I can't think of any reason a person with an EU passport would want to become a US citizen. That is just crazy. Shameless plug for Warsaw Tales, available at www.new-ink.org

Pages

Topic locked