Hmmm 2

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hmmm 2

Is it just me, or is there a kind of gender apartheid going on on this site? I haven’t had a comment from a female since the year dot. Dot – luverly thing! Maybe it’s just me, but when females do comment on the works of males, there’s a kind of co-opting tone to their comments (and I guess I’m seen as way beyond the pail) – you know the kind of thing: ‘dear thing, now let’s talk about love or something safe and worthwhile, me old bollocks. There, there, you know it makes sense and that I’m/we’re worth it!’ lol
I am amus3ed in my expectation of a cudgelling ‘Mmmm2’ from Top Cat and some bizarre, curious ramblings from the ever-attendant, though barely curious OR INDEED LIETARTE, Thot Police.
Though, actually, and on a serious note, shall we build a gender-equal future here? Just a thought. ‘Cos, you see, that might be empowering, fulfilling and downright just for both sides of the gender sequation, or shall we just let the implicit brickbats and innuendoes fly? Okay, we are, by essence, actually tallking here about the millenia of oppression of one sex by another and a kind of partial ending of that, but wouldn’t it be truly wonderful if the ex-oppressed could embrace kindness and no partial or complete revenge, or would that be a failing on their part? Must revenge be utterly fulfilled before there can be a kind of ultimate and far-distant equilibrium. It’s a bit like a young teutonic person saying to an old cockney geezer blazing on about the Blitz: ‘i have not been doing IT, meine freunde, SO WHY ARE YOU TAKING IT OUT ON ME?’
And, no, in case you’5re wondering, I haven’t had a bad day, I’m just musing. Serious thots please, like ‘;why should we let you shits off, after what you did to us ... well, okay, our forebears?’ ...

Maybe I should take a look at your work ;)Pia (female) ;D
Hahaha, you are dead meat methinks, my blighted friend. Enjoy. http://www.ukauthors.com http://www.ukapress.com
A bit of a grumble- nothing else ;D from both of you
Excuse blighter andrea. He is temporarily out of touch with his feminine side. We all get those moments.
I hope I never get out of touch with my feminine side. That would be when I die- I suppose. Is there an afterlife for women?
i see humans as symbiotic, in essence all organisms since a few single celled organisms essentially started working in co-op and fulfilling different roles for the greater good of the multicellular organism, have been symbiotic. As these organisms developed more complicated methods of reproduction eventually forming into genders roles were laid out, females would carry the young, males would keep female safe, hence the idea we are merely the same organism performing different roles there are natural deviations from this although less often with regards the physical and more so regarding the social : P seahorses being a weird example http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Courses/anphys/2000/Cook/Reproduction.htm they need to sort out their gender rolls f'sure Anyway my point, and yes I do have one, is that males being given the more muscular build was a responsibility I think historically proven to be abused, the male dominance of society hasnt been kind to women despite males strength being in part for the protection of females, the way i see this sort of situation is of a pendulum being held back and released, assuming the inhibitions of the past generations are vented by this generations and those following without over reactions and without the pendulum being held back the other way, i believe that the pendulum will settle, societies repression cause over compensations when the repression is released, I dont think I have any idea where human society would end up if we removed the reactionary elements but I think it is our ideal destination.
Topic locked