J.K. Rowling and crime fiction, true?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
J.K. Rowling and crime fiction, true?

Is it true that J.K. Rowling is currently writing crime fiction for adults?

I'm not sure if it is a crime novel, but she is working on a new novel for adults. http://www.littlebrownbooks.net/little-brown-to-publish-j-k-rowlings-fir...

My God! That last comment is so funny. Wish you could it write it. I guess I would be your reader! Thanks StJimmy for the link, I am going there just this moment. And, StantheMan, about your first comment I am confused. How can you be a good story-teller but a lousy writer? Is it a poor vocabulary? Or weak metaphor? Story telling, as far as I can see, is a craft. And a very difficult one. And she excells. That we could not possibly deny of her. Excelsior!
Excelsior!
Ok... I see your point now. I agree with content does not equals good style. Anyway, if she is writing new books, maybe we could trully see if style is further developed. Excelsior!
Excelsior!
Who gives a shit? Not me for sure.

And that was a comment in response to the original post. Because by the way, I give a shit about all sorts if things.

Just not that particular thing.

Personally, I love her style of writing. She has a wonderful imagination, which is perfect for children's books. It's the story that captures kids, not the style or linguistic features. Harry Potter made it big for a reason; an amazing idea at the right time of release. If you compare Harry Potter to Twilight, as everyone always does, it has much more of a wonderful in-depth story and seems more realistic. I absolutely love Stephanie Meyer's description, but overall I'd choose J.K. ROwling's work. Just an opinion! Although, I will be waiting for Joe's new novel with intense excitement. She's an inspiration to me.
Personally, I love her style of writing. She has a wonderful imagination, which is perfect for children's books. It's the story that captures kids, not the style or linguistic features. Harry Potter made it big for a reason; an amazing idea at the right time of release. If you compare Harry Potter to Twilight, as everyone always does, it has much more of a wonderful in-depth story and seems more realistic. I absolutely love Stephanie Meyer's description, but overall I'd choose J.K. ROwling's work. Just an opinion! Although, I will be waiting for Joe's new novel with intense excitement. She's an inspiration to me.
She does have imagination, but just 'lucky' I think too to have hit on something so commercial!

I love her writing too! Yeah, she is definitely writing another book for adults. Can't wait! :)

Hayley

About the recent comments, I agree with Stan where we just can't keep equating material gains with greatness. The economic system of our times, though, think it is this way. And somehow, even one who won't equate it, isn't trully wanting not to be rewarded for something good, or great, should it come out of our endevour. I am a harry fan, for sure, and agree that it was plot that hooked me on. I bought the seven books, hardcover (didn't make the lines though for I don't care for prince editions) and I am glad that some (should have been the biggest cut in the cake) of that money I payed went to her purse, since she was the creator of the frenzy. It is a lottery economic system, and a weird one, but I trully think that we should not mix things over. And it seems scratch do cares for commenting, thanx a bunch. Excelsior!
Excelsior!
I'm glad she's writing again, I look forward to reading it. I think that great writing is a story that you enjoy reading. Which obviously lots of people do, it may not be literary genius but its a childrens novel so does exactly what it is supposed to! :-)
Don't worry Stan, debate is sometimes heated but always, as far as I can see, the only space and time for people to share opposite ideas. We must protect it even from our own vicisitudes. Or our crankiness! Yes, I think everyone was surprised by the potter phenomenon. I am living in France and here too are some trully crazy potterfandom from hell. Can't explain it. Of course they all root for Beauxbatons!!!! Hope her new book is a mystery in the Conan Doyle vein. Excelsior!
Excelsior!
Topic locked