Reacher

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reacher

Tom Cruise surely has to be the absolute worst choice to play Reacher!

Nah, Tom Cruise is a great choice, Karl - he puts the fear of God into me, because I was once beaten senseless by a gang of camp looking American midgets.
Unfortunately Karl, thats what happens when you sell the rights to your work. Once Paramount "bought" Jack reacher from Lee Childs they can then go and get who they want to play him. It's a great shame, I'm a big fan of the books and Reacher is 6ft 5 inches tall, weighs around 19 stone and has a 50 inch chest. Certainly not bloody Tom Cruise!

He's a bit short but he's good in the role I think.
I think someone like Liam Neesom would fit the part better. Reacher stands head 'n' shoulders above most people, and has a no-nonsense approach to doing what he wants when he wants.

Yeah, but Neeson's hung up on those crappy Taken type films. He olnly seems to want the money now. P'raps Cruise is the best bet for it, 'cos being shorter he has to reach, so he's a good reacher :)
I'm currently reading the 8th novel at the moment. I've got them all, and am getting through them quite quickly. Great reading. It makes me laugh at the uproar that has followed the news of Tom Cruise being cast as Reacher. But, it's quite right. He's definitely not the right choice. Very few are. It would have been better to have picked a complete unknown actor to play the part, and made a name for them. There are enough people who read the books, to have made them realise that, there would be an audience large enough to make their money back, and more. I'm sure that it's going to be a great film. Just, not the right one.
I tried reading on of his books, but didn't like it. I don't think he's as good as Dennis Lehane, who wrote Mystic River. His characters all sounded phoney.